• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dizzi and Rascal - what colour are they?

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
:wave:

When I was registering the bunnies at the vets y'day they asked me what colour they were.

How would you have described them??

Dizzi :

Photo2253.jpg

Photo2340.jpg

Rascal :

Photo2359.jpg

Photo2063.jpg

He also has one of those little dark patches (by his eye) on his bum!

Do they have 'official' names for these colours??

Thaaanks x

No idea about patterns etc but when we used to breed rabbits back when I was a kid we had some a bit like Rascals colour, my mother said they were champagne I think. They used to sell the same day we took them to the pet shop, really popular.

Although we did a LOT of things wrong back then (including random breeding and selling to a pet shop!) so dont take her word for it :)

eta- note I mean colour not breed, as if you google it you get champagne d'argent rabbits, which look very different.

Last edited:
I don't think you need to worry too much with the official names at the vets, its just for ID purposes really.

Isn't the first one a beige and white butterfly lop and the second, whilst I would describe as a fawn colour, the little "tiger stripes" might enter in to Harlequin perhaps :?

No idea about patterns etc but when we used to breed rabbits back when I was a kid we had some a bit like Rascals colour, my mother said they were champagne I think. They used to sell the same day we took them to the pet shop, really popular.

Although we did a LOT of things wrong back then (including random breeding and selling to a pet shop!) so dont take her word for it :)

eta- note I mean colour not breed, as if you google it you get champagne d'argent rabbits, which look very different.

Oooh right thanks! Sounds quite posh ....... I said to the vets - Dizzi is white with beige patches and Rascal is beige with a couple of dark spots!! Very technical!! :lol: :lol:

I don't think you need to worry too much with the official names at the vets, its just for ID purposes really.

Isn't the first one a beige and white butterfly lop and the second, whilst I would describe as a fawn colour, the little "tiger stripes" might enter in to Harlequin perhaps :?

Oh right, brilliant, thanks very much!

I know it doesn't really matter, it just got me thinking that I don't really know what they are 'officially' :oops:

I don't have any trouble describing Spenser's colour. :lol: I don't think I would describe Rascal as beige as his fur looks a bit lighter than Dizee's markings.

I don't have any trouble describing Spenser's colour. :lol: I don't think I would describe Rascal as beige as his fur looks a bit lighter than Dizee's markings.

:lol: No I wouldn't think you'd have much trouble there! :lol:

Yeah Rascal is lighter than Dizzi now, she seems to have gotten darker as she's got older, she was very pale when she was a baby ... but Rascal's colour has more or less stayed the same.

lol. when you take them in you could always show the person on the desk and say " you are filling in the form, what colour do you think they are?!" yeah its just for ID though.

i would say dizee is brown/white and rascal is caramel, or beige if you want to be boring.

Back