• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please be right... Fed up

TickTock

Alpha Buck
As a few of you know a while back one of my rabbits had an accidental litter; A doe I rescued who got out with a very old ( coming up to 12) unfixed male of mine. The Result... a litter of 9.

Due to a total lack of interest and EVERYONE who wanted one backing out I've been left with all 9 of my litter. Its not that bad as I love them all but I'd rather of had them have new homes to love them.

However during my litters growing up I've taken them twice to the vets for sexing. Each time getting the same result. 4 boys and 5 girls.

However I have a feeling that one of the boys is missexed :? and after looking tonight I hope I'm wrong.

Since all my boys refuse to be spilt up (refusing to eat when removed from each other among other things) this is a big issue. Only 1 of the 4 has been trying to mount him/her though.

However at 3 months, I'm bloody worried and fed up. I've checked the little bun. And I'm unsure of what said bun is. It's got very round bits, possible plums forming but seems to be either a 'underdeveloped' buck... or a very round 'tubed' girl.

What with all said, Bun is going to the vet tomorrow and stuck on 'Its' own for the night. Fuss is ahappening as boys and unknown bun are very upset.

Feel fed up and really upset about this. Last thing I need is for this to of happened.

Hi there, how old are they?

Feel free to bring them over and I'll double check and see if matches to what the vets told you. :)

Hi there, how old are they?

Feel free to bring them over and I'll double check and see if matches to what the vets told you. :)

They are at the moment 3 months (12 weeks and 3 days) old. The bucks were due to be fixed very soon by the vet.

And I'd love to but I don't drive and its my sister or nan who would have to drive me. I don't want to have to let my nan know that a mis-sexing may have happened. She'd hit the roof and be out in space! :shock: Though if i still unsure I'd try to get my sis to do it. Hopefully she would.

Thank you for the offer :love:

Yep. That's why
1.I haven't told her
2. I've asked my sister to take me to the vets instead.

They are going sometime today. Boys and unknown bun, terribly upset from last night. Hoping the Vets were right the fist 2 times, though I have my doubts but OH still thinks its a boy bun. Here hoping he's right.

Yep. That's why
1.I haven't told her
2. I've asked my sister to take me to the vets instead.

They are going sometime today. Boys and unknown bun, terribly upset from last night. Hoping the Vets were right the fist 2 times, though I have my doubts but OH still thinks its a boy bun. Here hoping he's right.

Good luck, my fingers are crossed that it hasn't been missexed! :wave:

Do you have a camera or one you can borrow? If I were you I'd take a couple of photos of the bun's bits and post them on here for a second opinion!

Hope it's ok.

:wave:

Do you have a camera or one you can borrow? If I were you I'd take a couple of photos of the bun's bits and post them on here for a second opinion!

Hope it's ok.

:wave:

That was an idea I had, but the camera seems to be unable to pick up anything :lol: Its such a small little bun. I could try again though. Find a better camera from somewhere...

Thanks for the vibes everyone. Really hoping this is a little boy. All the babies seem so sad and upset this morning. Haven't even touched their fav treat in the world- coriander :cry:

Rang my vet, they cant check Bun out today, only tomorrow at 11am. Man my sis/nan is not going to be happy about that time :roll:

going to see if I can take a photo now \: I dont think said rabbits are going to be willing to wait that long

Rang my vet, they cant check Bun out today, only tomorrow at 11am. Man my sis/nan is not going to be happy about that time :roll:

going to see if I can take a photo now \: I dont think said rabbits are going to be willing to wait that long

Can you not put them so they can see/smell each other still? might make things a bit easier for them...

also can you not tryu another vets? might be able to see you today.

Can you not put them so they can see/smell each other still? might make things a bit easier for them...

also can you not tryu another vets? might be able to see you today.

I'm not sure of any other vets in the area.

They are in two different cages right next to each other. Normally they'll all snuggle up together on a shelf but as their sister/brother, is missing the 3 are getting upset. They can smell her/him and see her/him but they cant get with her/him. Unknown bun is pretty upset too.

Back