• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peter Pics

Lovely run!

Could your Dad attach it to the new double hutch so Peter has permanent access to it? :D

Thanks folks. Yeah, it is a great run and he loves being in it.

The plan is to attach it to his hutch and just leave one of the doors open so he can come and go. I think I'll need to secure the run to the ground so it can't be moved and also think of a way to stop him digging his way out! All part of the learning curve.......:lol:

The plan is to attach it to his hutch and just leave one of the doors open so he can come and go. I think I'll need to secure the run to the ground so it can't be moved and also think of a way to stop him digging his way out! All part of the learning curve.......:lol:

What I did was dig up the turf where the run went, buried mesh underneath (attached to the bottom of the run) then relayed the turf over the top. It was an awful lot of effort but worth it for the peace of mind.

Good effort Hoppit! That does sound an awful lot of work, and my poor lawn!:(
But yes, it would certainly work.

Well I've seen them digging up the turf on Time Team, so I may follow suit.

I take it they can't nibble through the mesh?:roll:

Good effort Hoppit! That does sound an awful lot of work, and my poor lawn!:(
But yes, it would certainly work.

Well I've seen them digging up the turf on Time Team, so I may follow suit.

I take it they can't nibble through the mesh?:roll:

Actually, they can through chicken wire! We found that out the hard way! If your run is weld mesh that should be fine though. Here's mine:

folder1447.jpg

As you can see the grass is flourishing. And you never know, you may find a priceless Roman artefact and make your fortune! :lol:

Last edited:
Ha ha, that would make a change! :lol: You've obviously picked up on our hobby. I may find that elusive gold coin in my own lawn!

He looks like a very lucky bun! :D I haven't read your other thread fully, but wasn't there a smaller hutch originally? Anyway, if there was, have you thought about using that as a bunny hidey hole in the run for him? I actually bought a hutch I wouldn't dream of letting Gertie live in just to go in my run to give her shade and some shelter in the day! :lol:

Back