• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lovely, constant fear

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
I'm terrified they're going to get ill.
I'm terrified it's going to run into thousands and I won't be able to afford it.
I feel constantly ill thinking that they're going to be in stasis every time I look over at them.
I'm terrified if was my fault Charlie went into stasis at all.

:cry:

I know these feelings well. I have to live with them everyday because of Pie. I feel your pain.
As the days and weeks go past it will get better, I promise. I do think it give you a bit of a kick up the bum to re-evaluate their diet. I know it does with me. I end up cutting them right back to just hay and 6 pellets a day.

(((hugs))) I do know how you feel, you're not alone. But it will get better :)

Their diets already pretty good. They do get pellets but not loads. They get loads of good hay (ings).
Gonna cut back on treats a bit, but they never got too many of those either

Aw hun, at least it shows that you care.

I worry a lot about my buns too. I worry that one day I will find one in a forever sleep and I don't know how to explain that to my 3 year old boy :(:(:(

Try to enjoy each moment with your furries, you are allowed to worry but don't let it take over :D ( easier said than done I know! )

Thats not good, you should be enjoying them and looking after yourself, thats like living in dread of what might never happen, as I said on your other thread I do avoid brocolli and cabbage myself as I'm sure it's caused gas in two of mine, they seem a bit better on spring greens and herbs - I did cut out fruit aswell if I'm honest - I was feeding it daily and I don't know for sure if it contributed to Ness and her bloat but I've literally cut it out to a couple of tiny bits a week as a 'treat' rather than a daily thing and I was only feeding about a teaspoon per bun - so far so good.

I dread running out hay, I think I'm getting obsessed with having it - I seem happier when I've got lots in :lol:

Try and stop yourself doing that Stef - it's easy to get into a bit of a rut of thinking that way and it won't change anything, your doing your best and that's all anyone can ask (hugs) :)

Thats not good, you should be enjoying them and looking after yourself, thats like living in dread of what might never happen, as I said on your other thread I do avoid brocolli and cabbage myself as I'm sure it's caused gas in two of mine, they seem a bit better on spring greens and herbs - I did cut out fruit aswell if I'm honest - I was feeding it daily and I don't know for sure if it contributed to Ness and her bloat but I've literally cut it out to a couple of tiny bits a week as a 'treat' rather than a daily thing and I was only feeding about a teaspoon per bun - so far so good.

I dread running out hay, I think I'm getting obsessed with having it - I seem happier when I've got lots in :lol:

Try and stop yourself doing that Stef - it's easy to get into a bit of a rut of thinking that way and it won't change anything, your doing your best and that's all anyone can ask (hugs) :)

If I cut out cabbage and brocolli though, Charlie would only get carrot. He won't eat any other veg at all. They don't even get it that often... Brocolli once every 3 or 4 weeks and cabbage even less than that.

He's always had a tummy of steel so his stasis shook me so badly :(

If I cut out cabbage and brocolli though, Charlie would only get carrot. He won't eat any other veg at all. They don't even get it that often... Brocolli once every 3 or 4 weeks and cabbage even less than that.

He's always had a tummy of steel so his stasis shook me so badly :(

Fussy boy:lol: - does he not like spring greens even? Or herbs? Maybe you'd be better trying to feed dandelions/bramble leaves if you can get them?

I felt like that with Nessie it's probably delayed shock in a way, be kind to yourself though you got him through it and it may have just been a blip, you'll need to check those teeth though so it's probably worth sticking to the bland diet of hay and pellets anyway to get them on track again. Stressing out and getting yourself down won't help them - you need to think positive, it might not happen again.:)

Fussy boy:lol: - does he not like spring greens even? Or herbs? Maybe you'd be better trying to feed dandelions/bramble leaves if you can get them?

I felt like that with Nessie it's probably delayed shock in a way, be kind to yourself though you got him through it and it may have just been a blip, you'll need to check those teeth though so it's probably worth sticking to the bland diet of hay and pellets anyway to get them on track again. Stressing out and getting yourself down won't help them - you need to think positive, it might not happen again.:)

He'll eat dried dandelion, but isn't fussed on fresh. He won't eat spring greens... He's seriously fussy with fruit and veg. He thumps at me if I dare even offer him a strawberry.

His teeth are ok, they have the tiniest, slightest start of spurs but the vet said they're not a worry and she'll check them again in 4 months when hes due his vaccs.

He's only on hay and pellets atm anyway and I'm going to slowly allow him tiny bits of things again in a few days.
He's acting like nothing happene dnow, sat on the floor munching his hay but he scared the life out of his mammy :(

He'll eat dried dandelion, but isn't fussed on fresh. He won't eat spring greens... He's seriously fussy with fruit and veg. He thumps at me if I dare even offer him a strawberry.

His teeth are ok, they have the tiniest, slightest start of spurs but the vet said they're not a worry and she'll check them again in 4 months when hes due his vaccs.

He's only on hay and pellets atm anyway and I'm going to slowly allow him tiny bits of things again in a few days.
He's acting like nothing happene dnow, sat on the floor munching his hay but he scared the life out of his mammy :(

Thats good re the teeth, if he's eating his hay well hopefully they might burr down, ssssssshhhhhh don't tell him that - they like to scare us!

Seriously I'm sure you'll be fine, try and relax and be happy he's better, at one point you thought he wasn't going to make it and he did so your doing a good job !:)

[/B]

Thats good re the teeth, if he's eating his hay well hopefully they might burr down, ssssssshhhhhh don't tell him that - they like to scare us!

Seriously I'm sure you'll be fine, try and relax and be happy he's better, at one point you thought he wasn't going to make it and he did so your doing a good job !:)

He's 3 now so he's doing well teeth wise... He's a lionlop so his jaw shape isn't exactly perfect so even if he needs a dental at 3 and a half, that's not a bad age for a first really

Hugs for you xxx I know how you feel, Gordon has been in stasis twice, yesterday's wasn't a bad one though, he was soon getting better within a couple of hours of getting treatment. I saw him streach and flop out and my heart just dropped, I knew straight away something was wrong :( I'm so scared of going in to find him like that again, but we have to enjoy the time we have with our buns. Some one told me if it's not a long time, that doesn't matter. A rabbit does not have a feeling of time, all they know is weather they are happy or sad, not how long a life they've had. xxx

Aww Steph I understand completly how you feel!
I am always constantly worried about my two, I love them so much and it would absolutly destroy me if anything were to happen to them! :cry:
I do TRY and enjoy them though, because they respond better if I am happy (at least around them) so I just try to keep the anxiety within when I am around them so they do not sense it.

At the end of the day you are a fab bunny mummy and you are doing a great job and you love them! What more can you ask of yourself?... Nothing so be kind to yourself and realise that truth be told some things are out of your control!

Back