• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

if it was a choice between cylap or no vhd vac, what would you do?

If it was a choice between cylap or no vhd vacc

• Vaccinate with cylap

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • Wouldn't vaccinate

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Would depend on the rabbit, but in most cases, would rather use cylap than not at all

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
Just curious really as to what people would do if it was a straight choice between vaccinating with cylap or not vaccinating at all.

Some vets won't order in anivac or lapinject is all.

I have always cylapped, but I have had weird scabby things on Bobby's ears, which I am assuming is a reaction :?

what is cylap?! :shock: I had NO idea there were different vaccinations...

Do you actually read RU? :p

VHD Vaccines: Cylap, Lapinject and the new one, Anivac. Cylap is well known to cause a 'limp' and scabbing at the injection site and to cause bun to be very quiet for a few days.

VHD Vaccines: Cylap, Lapinject and the new one, Anivac. Cylap is well known to cause a 'limp' and scabbing at the injection site and to cause bun to be very quiet for a few days.

yep bless, Carlo had some big ones come to think of it on the last one.

ETA I didn't know that the type of injection could have been the cause, I assumed that the bunnies had had a little scuffle :shock:

I skim! :lol: I usually get "vaccinate your rabbits against VHD". Marvin didn't have any adverse effects so i'm guessing he had a nice one :?

What about myxi?

I skim! :lol: I usually get "vaccinate your rabbits against VHD". Marvin didn't have any adverse effects so i'm guessing he had a nice one :?

What about myxi?

Or he might have just been a lucky one :)
Charlies 3 and has only ever had cylap and has never had a reaction... Still gonna try and change if I can though now I have Milly

I said "wouldn't" but think I should'v put depends.
Obie will have his and we shall see how he fares but Pie cannot have Cylap at all. She reacts terribly to it and her guts shut down and goes into bad stasis. I have not tried her on any of the others yet but if my vets can only get Cylap I will not be vaccinating her.

Would vaccinate with cylap. Beano's first VHD jab was cylap, and she was fine that time, but now the vets use anivac :)

I voted for the first one, but with all vaccines, only providing the rabbit was healthy.

All my beasties have always had lapinject bar Roger who had Cylap at Camp Nibble. I'd rather vaccinate than go without,

Mine have always had Cylap, and luckily I've never had a problem with it. I'm sure if I had though my answer would be very different!

If the rabbit had had a bad reaction then obviously I would go with out a vaccine if cylap was the only option but if there had never been a problem then I would carry on using cyclap.

Back