• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buckley stranded himself on his roof

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
last night. We've had to take away his hay rack as that's his method of getting up on top of his cage.
I don't mind him being up there, it's now a solid roof cos I put cardboard across it.
But he doesn't know how to get down :(
So we had to deprive him of his hay rack. He has several boxes, but he loves sitting in his hay rack :lol:
He looks so lost now it isn't there :(
I feel like a bad bunny mummy taking away his favourite seat, but if he strands himself again and I don't wake up he could be there all night with no food or water.
I dunno what to do, he looks so sad :(

Aww, poor little chap getting stuck :( Could you put a box next to the hay rack, so he has two ways of getting up/down? He may feel more comfortable jumping down onto something more solid like a box.

Aww, poor little chap getting stuck :( Could you put a box next to the hay rack, so he has two ways of getting up/down? He may feel more comfortable jumping down onto something more solid like a box.

There isn't much room, it's quite narrow between the fence (his pen) and the cage. And he likes to use it for bunny 500s :D
I could put it round the back, then it'd be something to jump on during bunny 500s, make the route more fun :D

I'll have a look and see if I can get something for him to use as a step. Have to do some measuring.

I think he's a bit scared of heights bless him :love:

Awww bless. How high is the cage? Mine used to jump up onto his all the time and be "stuck" so I'd get him off. But now he jumps up and down easily. He might just need a bit of practice (with you there, just in case), and then you can leave him to it!

There isn't much room, it's quite narrow between the fence (his pen) and the cage. And he likes to use it for bunny 500s :D
I could put it round the back, then it'd be something to jump on during bunny 500s, make the route more fun :D

I'll have a look and see if I can get something for him to use as a step. Have to do some measuring.

I think he's a bit scared of heights bless him :love:

Aww, he's only ickle! :love: My two have got an upturned box under the dining room table, as they like to use it as a platform to get onto the dining room chairs. I put a towel on the top of the box to give a bit more grip for them. Good luck!

Awww bless. How high is the cage? Mine used to jump up onto his all the time and be "stuck" so I'd get him off. But now he jumps up and down easily. He might just need a bit of practice (with you there, just in case), and then you can leave him to it!

About 2ft. I have to take one of his litter trays to him for him to hop into! Then he lies really flat against the hay until he's on the ground, it's like he's saying "MOMMA MOMMA HALP... fankyoo momma, that place was reeeally scary :("

At the moment he's new to roof climbing, so it's like when a kid goes up a tree and can't get back down cos he's afraid he'll hurt himself if he jumps!

About 2ft. I have to take one of his litter trays to him for him to hop into! Then he lies really flat against the hay until he's on the ground, it's like he's saying "MOMMA MOMMA HALP... fankyoo momma, that place was reeeally scary :("

At the moment he's new to roof climbing, so it's like when a kid goes up a tree and can't get back down cos he's afraid he'll hurt himself if he jumps!

:lol: Awww poor thing! I'm sure he'll soon learn that 2ft is really not very far & he'll be up and down like a yo-yo! :)

Back