• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Honey-pup - 2 Years On!

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Bit late in posting this but..

2 years ago, May 4th, myself and Ange, went to a dog rescue to pick up a dog I'd seen the day before. She was very elderly and in a terrible state. Took her to my vet who found the dog was stone deaf, almost blind, various lumps and bumps, a heart murmur, fleas and general poor condition.
We had the offer of a home for her but the vet said she would probably only live approx. another 6 months ..so how could we pass her on?

Well 2 years on and Honey is still with us..we've thought about suing the vet but decided against it:lol: Honey is showing signs of going downhill a bit and we've had a few episodes of small fits..but generally she enjoys life..sleeps alot loves her food..loves my hubby and her tail never stops wagging:love:
Here she is this morning

honeymay11.jpg

Last edited:
Aww, she's LOVELY!!
Did you wake her from a nap - she looks a bit grumpy??! :lol::lol::lol:

no..she always looks like that :lol: her eyes are a bit messy as she had two operations on them due to mis shapen eyelids when we rescued her..due to her breed and age the skin on her face doesn't quite fit either! :lol:

Awww she is a lucky girl to have found you. Just beautiful! :love: The oldies really have that charm, don't they?

no..she always looks like that :lol: her eyes are a bit messy as she had two operations on them due to mis shapen eyelids when we rescued her..due to her breed and age the skin on her face doesn't quite fit either! :lol:

She's very beautiful - I just thought you could almost hear her saying "Muuuum, I was sleeeeeping!". :lol::lol::lol:

Give her a cuddle from me - I'm a huge doggy lover!

:love::love::love: my heart just melted, she is having a lovely retirement with you, so many poor oldies end their days in kennels which is really sad

Oh Jill, she's gorgeous and obviously you taking her gave her a lease of life and a second chance. They steal your heart, don't they? I can't imagine life without my dogs and though it is heartbreaking to lose them, I could never be without them nor would I swap the pain of losing them, with the pain of never having owned them in the first place.

I remember when you got Honey - I cant believe she is still going, and so happy :love::love:

She is just lovely - I demand piccies more often :love:

I remember her story and doesn't seem like it was 2 years ago :shock: Glad she is getting the care she deserves and she is lovely :love:

Back