• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uppy eared Bun becoming a floppy eared bun?

mattyp

Warren Veteran
I wasn't sure what kind of thread this is so didn't know where else to post :?

Marvin's left ear has become all floppy and now he has one up one down. I've looked at his ear, moved it and he isn't in any pain or discomfort and is acting completely normally.

But is there any chance this is a symptom of anything worse? Is it possible he's damaged it? Or has he just decided he wants a new look?

He's been like it for a couple of days now so I don't think it's temporary. :?

I would take him to have it checked thoroughly with an otoscope.

Skye's ear did this, I peered down it with my own otoscope, couldn't see anythign, was worried anyway, the vet said he could see some slight redness and put her on ear drops.

The ear was back up again within less than an hour of her first dose of the drops :shock: so clearly she did have a low level ear infection.

I'm so glad we got it sorted before it got well established because from what I've read on here, severe ear infections sound like a nightmare to treat :(

hope Marvin is ok :wave:

I would take him to have it checked thoroughly with an otoscope.

Skye's ear did this, I peered down it with my own otoscope, couldn't see anythign, was worried anyway, the vet said he could see some slight redness and put her on ear drops.

The ear was back up again within less than an hour of her first dose of the drops :shock: so clearly she did have a low level ear infection.

I'm so glad we got it sorted before it got well established because from what I've read on here, severe ear infections sound like a nightmare to treat :(

hope Marvin is ok :wave:

He's going to the vets on Saturday anyway do you think it can wait until then? He seems in perfect health a part from this, and he can still hold his ear up he just seems to rather it flops.

He was so much smaller than he is now on the day i collected him for you.

He was still 4 times larger than Ginger though :shock: :lol:

I think Ginger's ears have started to influence his look now. He looks so innocent in those pictures...how deceiving he was :lol:

Back