• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The impossible has happened!

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
My Dad....

He LIKES the rabbits!:shock:

Yesterday I left in a bit of a rush, bunnies were all fed and watered but Benji wasn't out in his usual run, he was in the smaller one which was already set up.

Came home to find that Dad had set up the big run, put Benji in it and set him up a little den made of a pet carrier and some towels, which Ben was happily munching a strawberry top in:shock:

When questionned, Dad said he felt sorry for Benji's little feet (he's recovering from sore hocks) and wanted him to have the nice big bit of grass to run in.

Then what happens this morning? I'm putting Ben out in his run and dad comes over and starts nattering to him, "hows my little grunty fella today then? did you know chloé, sounded like he was talking to me yesterday when I gave him a cuddle!":shock:

Looks like getting better acommodation may be easier, now the bunnies have won my Dad over! Yaayyyyyy:D

PS: my boyfriend called the bunnies his adopted children yesterday, I melted a little bit inside.:love:

My mum and dad weren't really bothered about the bunnies until they looked after Strawbs while I moved house. They loved having him and didn't want to give him back!

Aw I love it when parents/OH's come around to loving bunnies! :love:
My Oh has never had any pet before I had Pie, now he says he could never see his life without buns :love:

aww...maybe your dad's found a little kindred spirit in benji - bit grumpy, surrounded by women!!:lol:

My Dad was the only person who Eddie would allow to give him noserubs...:love:

:love: :love: :love: Just lovely.

My Dad is coming round...but he only likes Islay as she is black and white, and he supports Newcastle :roll: :lol:

Haha Dads are the best :) Mine pretends not to care... but I catch him chatting away to bunny and he even sits on the floor with him to stroke him and plays chasing games with him! :lol:

My first female bun had my dad wrapped round her little paw! When she died my dad was in pieces.

He refuses to get attached to any of my buns now, bless him.

:love::love: awwwwww how sweet!!

my dad was the same, but now he loves them and goes out to see them when he "thinks" the coast is clear :lol:

That's lovely!!! So thoughtful aswell!! :love:

Years ago my dad didn't want us to get pets as he knew how gutted we would be when they died like when his pets did when he was little. Anyway, we still got some (thanks mum!), of which one was wrongly sexed and we had an accidental litter so Stripe the daddy had to move into our house as emergency measures. I think my dad was probably on the verge of blowing his top about it all, but Stripe was such a lovely bun, and won my dad over. One night my dad was washing up and Stripe had gone and sat next to his legs and my mum walked in to find my dad talking to him :lol: before that he wouldn't even look at them!!

He's actually a real softie over animals, when my neighbours cat had stomach cancer he started to struggle to jump over the fence to get to our garden (he loved to spend time in it rather than his own) so my dad cut a hole in the fence so he could get through instead. :love: If we'd have done it we'd have been grounded forever!!!

My future-FiL talks to Ben every day, since Ben walks up and says hello anyone goes into the kitchen. He also spoils ben with crushed pea treats!
OH like Ben too. has slowly come around to liking him, and finds his behaviour interesting.

Back