• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Samus makes me laugh.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I had to sort out Grim's nose today which I hate. I burrito him in a towel and dab his nose with warm salty water until the 'plug' comes loose. He hates it and wriggles, kicks and bites me and it's not a nice experience for anyone. Apart from Smoo it seems... :roll:

She sneaks into the front room. Usually she's not allowed in there due to the abundance of wires and the fact that she likes to chew said wires. But I had to sit on the sofa with Grim as he has a habit of rocketing out of my arms and it's the safest place. I couldn't do much with him on my lap so I just watched her out of the corner of my eye. She disappeared out of my sight besides the sofa. And then came careering out binkying into the kitchen. :lol:

It was so surreal. Grim on my lap, both of us unhappy and Smoo having the time of her life. Love you Smoo. :love:

Thinking, yeah, not me.

Poor Grim.

Was reading about the pasturella you put up on your thread. I never knew about it. Hope Grim has the lowest level of it. xxx

Thinking, yeah, not me.

Poor Grim.

Was reading about the pasturella you put up on your thread. I never knew about it. Hope Grim has the lowest level of it. xxx

He's actually looking pretty good today. His nose it a little raw where I've cleaned it but there seems to be less discharge. I haven't got my hopes up yet but I do have my fingers crossed. If he can be treated with Baytril he might have to be on it for a long time but it's really easy. So yay. For now. :)

He's actually looking pretty good today. His nose it a little raw where I've cleaned it but there seems to be less discharge. I haven't got my hopes up yet but I do have my fingers crossed. If he can be treated with Baytril he might have to be on it for a long time but it's really easy. So yay. For now. :)

Really hope so. Guessing he hates it. Hope it makes no difference to him in the long term.

Really hope so. Guessing he hates it. Hope it makes no difference to him in the long term.

I hide it in bread. :mrgreen:
It's sooooo much better than the injections.
I'm just worried about long term antibiotics but his food has probiotics in it and if it makes him comfortable then it's worth it. :)

:lol::lol: Wish I could do that. (the bread)

If I was rich, I would pay someone to do it.

Hope long term abx is no problem. This might be what Babydarling has to face.

Which reminds me had no phone call about his tests today.

Last edited:
:lol::lol: Wish I could do that.

If I was rich, I would pay someone to do it.

Hope long term abx is no problem. This might be what Babydarling has to face.

Which reminds me had no phone call about his tests today.

Blood usually take a couple of days I think, but you could always phone them tomorrow. Now I'm just worried that his food might be cancelling out the Baytril. :?

Well it's got a probiotic in it. I don't know if that would affect the antibiotic. I'm sure I've asked my vet this in the past...

But either way he's looking better so I guess it doesn't matter. And he came in for his dinner of his own accord for the first time in weeks. I usually have to give him a push in the right direction, so I know he's feeling better. :love:

Awww I wonder if his sense of smell is better if he came in.

They both look like big healthy bunnies.

They're both big. :lol:

That's almost 7kg if they're both in the carrier together. When Smoo had her operation they both went in and I told my vet the carrier was heavy when she went to pick it up and she still almost went over. :lol:

Love my buns. :love:

They're both big. :lol:

That's almost 7kg if they're both in the carrier together. When Smoo had her operation they both went in and I told my vet the carrier was heavy when she went to pick it up and she still almost went over. :lol:

Love my buns. :love:

:shock:

I thought Sunshine was huge at 3.5 kilos. He has lost weight and now 3 kilos, maybe lighter since he was last weighed. (he was a fat boy).

Together they are about 5 kilos.

But looking at Smoo and Grim they look like bigger breeds. Not fat bunnies.

You could use them for arm lifts. ;)

:shock:

I thought Sunshine was huge at 3.5 kilos. He has lost weight and now 3 kilos, maybe lighter since he was last weighed. (he was a fat boy).

Together they are about 5 kilos.

But looking at Smoo and Grim they look like bigger breeds. Not fat bunnies.

You could use them for arm lifts. ;)

They're both between 3kg and 3.5kg. Grim has french lop in him I'm pretty sure. They're both classed as dwarf lops which I find hilarious. But I do like big bunnies. More to cuddle. :)

To reassure you, the bread won't inactivate the baytril as you are finding out.
I love your story about Smoo. Bunny determination can be awsome & has me in fits of laughter - no idea why.:lol:

I was worried about the pellets as they have a probiotic in them. :?
But things seem to be looking up so they must have worked. :)

Back