• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Savannah Honeybunny. Gone to her forever home!

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
A friend in the village came to see me today. She wanted me to go and see a rabbit that she was very concerned about. She could see the rabbit from the window of a neighbours house who she cleans for.

She said "she is sitting in her own filth which is several inches deep. The hutch is on top of a run and is on grass but it has never been moved and the woman who owns the rabbit says it's very aggressive and so throws the food at it! It's been there for at least 6 months and has never been out of the hutch. The rabbit was her husbands and they've split up. He's moved out and she wants rid of the rabbit too!".

So I agreed to go and take a look. I knocked on the door and said that I had been told that she had a rabbit that she no longer wanted. The woman seemed very relieved at the thought of someone taking her "problem" away. I asked if I could see the rabbit. This is what I found....

Rescuebunhutch001.jpg

Rescuebunhutch002.jpg

Rescuebunhutch009.jpg

Rescuebunhutch008.jpg

Rescuebunhutch003.jpg

Rescuebunhutch016.jpg

Rescuebunhutch011.jpg

Savanahshutchpostcleanout002.jpg

When I lifted the hutch off the run the run panels fell apart. The run lid didn't meet with the frame and so it wasn't fastened down. The bun was sat in the hutch sucking at the water bottle spout - which was empty :(

Looks pretty bad eh? I sent the photo's to Jill and she said "I've actually seen a lot worse" .....:cry::cry::cry:

So, this beautiful girl is now with me :love: I will be fostering her until Jill has room at hers (as I only really have room for two foster buns here). "Savannah" as we have named her, is still in her own hutch & run as I felt having familiar surroundings would minimise the stress for her. It has however been pressure washed, scrubbed & repaired. The hutch is now lined with newspaper and she has a litter bowl stuffed with yummy bouncy hay :D She has toys, fresh water and noms :D Savannah will move to a much larger set up asap. She hopped straight out of the carrier and into the litter bowl & starting eating hay. Then ate some SS pellets, a bramble leaf and some hawthorn. This "aggressive" rabbit is the most laid back, easy to handle & gentle bun I have ever come across :love:

Savannah: your new life starts here :wave:

See post 22 & 81 for updated pics :wave:

ETA: Savannah's age has been confirmed as 5 1/2 - 6 years :love:

Last edited:
:cry: :cry: :cry: That poor poor girl, being so close to all that green grass and not being able to get any of it! Just breaks my heart.

I bet she is so much happier now, I'd love to see a photo of her sitting in her nice clean hutch with hay and grass :love: Hope she finds a nice home soon.

That's awful :cry: Least she's out of there now though. She's very pretty and I love her name (I have a rat named Savanna :) )

That poo corner is just waiting for flys :shock:

Anh her little face says it all in the next pic ...

''Hello, have you come to rescue me?...please!''

:cry: :cry: :cry: Glad you have her xxxx

What a lovely rabbit she is, despite the terrible neglect. :( Very best wishes to her for her new life. xxx

Fantastic. She has really struck gold today. Well done!

She looks like one of my foster buns, Maria. Maybe a long lost sister?

MariaHay.JPG

:cry::cry::cry: I'm so glad that you got her and that her life has changed for the better poor little girl and she has such a lovely kind face :love::love::love:

Makes you so mad doesn't it? How hard would it have been to keep the hutch clean, drag it to fresh grass and provide hay and water? Really it's unbelievable.

So glad someone saw her and had to get up and go to get something done about. Well done you for helping her.

Good luck Savannah with your new life.

Thank god you found her.

poor bunster! I just find some people disgraceful, i really do not understand the people who feel no remorse against innocent animals:evil:

Well done for going to rescue it Savannah is very lucky and also the cutest little thing.

Enjoy your new beginning little one :wave:

Glad she's with you. :thumb:
Strong work from the person who made you aware of her plight too.

Back