• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fleas

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Mam noticed a flea on one of my uncles dogs today.
They don't havae direct contact with the bunnies but still in the same house.

Is it worth treating the bunnys? If so what with?

:? Tricky one!
I would try doing little hints like 'Is anyone else really itchy?'
'I think one of the animals may have fleas, maybe we should check them all over'

Just wondering if anyone else can recommend anything.

The rabbits do NOT seem to have fleas, so just need to know what to use to prevent them!

Do NOT use Xenex. I would suggest searching the forum for it and seeing what comes up.

You need to treat the whole environment if the dog has been in your house. We use RIP Fleas spray. Can be very difficult with house bunnies though.

Do NOT use Xenex. I would suggest searching the forum for it and seeing what comes up.

You need to treat the whole environment if the dog has been in your house. We use RIP Fleas spray. Can be very difficult with house bunnies though.

We're going to treat the whole house. Uncle had noticed fleas and got rid but just noticed them on a cat today, so gotta do the lot.

Bunnys haven't been near the dogs at all, but one of the cats has been upstairs a lot so bunnies definatly need treating now.

We're going to treat the whole house. Uncle had noticed fleas and got rid but just noticed them on a cat today, so gotta do the lot.

Bunnys haven't been near the dogs at all, but one of the cats has been upstairs a lot so bunnies definatly need treating now.

In my experience, I have found Advantage to be good for bunnies. We had no problems with it at all, and when I was anxiously questioning the world, it also seems no one else has had problems either.

Also, my previous reply was a little blunt, sorry. It should read 'I would suggest not using Xenex'.

In my experience, I have found Advantage to be good for bunnies. We had no problems with it at all, and when I was anxiously questioning the world, it also seems no one else has had problems either.

Also, my previous reply was a little blunt, sorry. It should read 'I would suggest not using Xenex'.

I didn't think it was blunt, just seemed like a good warning :)

I was hoping Advantage wouldn't be the only choice with it being vets only... My vets are really expensive so probably charge double what you should pay :roll:

Back