• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oh dear oh dear oh dear...:-)

carolineclair

Warren Scout
Yesterday Maple learned she can jump onto the sofa, since then its like shes on a piece of elastic up and down and up and down! The sofa was my escape from the bath shes always trying to give me, now shes up on my shoulder, licking my face, licking my hand as I try to type, nibbling my hair...not a fan of that habit!!

And just as I was about to write "im scared that she'll fall off the back or side of the sofa" she just leapt over my shoulder, kicked the printer and lands feet down on the floor, is she hurt, not a chance,shes straight back up and washing my hand!! I am genuinely concerned shes going to hurt herself, any advice?? She's doubled in size since I got her, shes suddenly like a proper bunny...with devil horns!!!

How sweet!!! My polly found out she can hop on my bed so im trying to sleep and who lands on my head?? Lol scared the ghjkfdv outta me :D sounds like she is really settled in :)

My Blackberry used to be like that - I miss his bunny kisses :cry: Enjoy them! They are very precious.

After his first dental we got him home, had him on the settee for a fuss, he tried to jump up on the back, went a bit far and straight over :shock: Ran round the settee and was back up again in no time :roll: :lol:

Maple loves you loads! Unfortunately once she's learned to jump on the sofa you can only block out the entire area if you don't want her to do that. But I wish my buns wanted to jump on the sofa with me!
OH prepared a 120 cm tall net to put against the back side of the sofa so the buns wouldn't jump off it. It works well.

I love her loads too, I could just squeeze her sometimes I love her so much!!! I've been so blessed, I got her at 8 weeks and she's never had an accident outside the cage apart from the odd poo. She's always zooming around the house, keeping me company and searching out undiscovered places. I'm been so so lucky and I really appreciate that.

I don't mind her being on the sofa, I'm just worried for her. Do they land on their feet like cats??
Best house bunny ever!!! =)

:lol:

Bunnies are so funny...I remember it took Sorrel about 6 months to learn how to do the stairs, then when she'd got it, she just raced up and down them all day long like it was the best thign ever :lol:

I don't think there's much you can do other than take reasonable precautions and keep an eye on her...bunnies are good at getting themselves into pickles! They rarely seem to do themselves any damage though :)

my rabbit is all over the sofas keeps trying to jump from 1 sofa to the over and she almost never makes it just hits the floor and trys again lol
she will find it hard to hurt herself just messing around lol

How can you not like bunny kisses?! :shock: Seriously, if you want her kisses directed elsewhere you'll have to get her a husbun. ;)

Last edited:
I am sure I remember you saying 'she's such a good bunny', or something along those lines!!

See how quickly they grow up into little devils :lol:

I am sure I remember you saying 'she's such a good bunny', or something along those lines!!

See how quickly they grow up into little devils :lol:

haha very true!! She was a perfect angel now the carpet behind each of my sofas is becoming a bit worn with her scrabbling, my books all have nibbles out of them, I come home to cushions being thrown off the sofa to the floor...haha the list goes on, but I wouldn't change her for the world!

I love her rabbit kisses id say i spend a good 1hr a day being kissed and groomed, but mummy has a life too where work needs to be done so the sofa was the only place I could have a break...even doing the cooking I have her chasing my feet around...very funny and cute but not too practical when trying to cook.

She's definitely becoming a character!!

Tonight I made a bedside table and she helped by nibbling away at the base of the little drawer for me, I hadn't realised I needed a knawed section, but she's obviously smarter than me!! Lol

I just can't be mad for long at her, I soon give up what I'm doing and carry on playing with her instead!

They have us wrapped round their little fingers that's for sure!!

How can you not like bunny kisses?! :shock: Seriously, if you want her kisses directed elsewhere you'll have to get her a husbun. ;)

its only the hair nibbling I don't like, I love the kisses...but I've been trying to grow ny hair from a crop to a bob for a year...i don't suddenly need chunks missing even if she thinks I do!!! Haha

You could get her a friend bunny, then she would leave you alone for a while?

I was talking to my mum on the phone about that the other day.I feel guilty she's by herself sometimes but then I'm really concerned that my flats not that big, what if they end up not getting on. I have no space for a hutch, and a in a 1 bed flat I couldn't keep them seperate, id have to give the second bunny up. I love the bond we have and as much as I appreciate that bunny companionship is different to human, id be gutted if she wasn't interested in me anymore, I know that sounds selfish.

I was talking to my mum on the phone about that the other day.I feel guilty she's by herself sometimes but then I'm really concerned that my flats not that big, what if they end up not getting on. I have no space for a hutch, and a in a 1 bed flat I couldn't keep them seperate, id have to give the second bunny up. I love the bond we have and as much as I appreciate that bunny companionship is different to human, id be gutted if she wasn't interested in me anymore, I know that sounds selfish.

I always go to a rescue and get them to do the pairing-up - if it doesn't work out, there's no obligation to keep the second bun. :)

I was worried when I got Sorrel paired up that she would ignore me, because we had a really close bond before....but actually we stayed as close and I became close to her lovely husbun too so I got twice the snuggles :love: It was so nice to see them together too, I felt much less guilty about Sorrel knowing that she'd never be alone even if I was working late or somesuch.

Anyway I'm not trying to pressure you into getting a second bun if you dont want one or don't feel able to commit to one - just giving my experience - getting Sorrel a friend was one of the best things I ever did :love:

Back