• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

George and Gemma are in disgrace

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
I was really tired yesterday as I worked all Sunday night and then during the day. Had a meeting early evening and came home and logged on to the internet - nothing. Checked the wire that crosses the hallway and as I picked it up it fell in two halves. Looked in the kitchen at two bunnies who looked the picture of innocence:shock: I must have forgotten to put the kitchen barrier up briefly before I went to work - and that was all it took!

I can't be without the internet - I would go into withdrawal so off I went on a hunt for a new cable, taking the old one with me. Tried B&Q who 'used' to sell them - and had something a different size - which may do!!!! Then a huge Sainsburys where the girls hadn't a clue what they sold and asked why the buns weren't kept in a cage!!!! Grrrr. Then I tried Staples and finally PC World - success.

If I ate meat I would have had bunny pie for supper last night and be wearing some lovely, fluffy slippers today!!

I moved George and Gemma from the lounge into the kitchen as they totally wrecked the lounge. Thought the kitchen was safe but have noticed they have eaten part of the wooden cladding and my wicker laundry hamper is no longer surrounded with wicker - it just had the inside left!!

I can't be cross though - they are just being bunnies - but they weren't popular at all yesterday and I spent ages telling them how tired I was - they were totally unimpressed and just wanted to know where their noms were!!

I spent ages telling them how tired I was - they were totally unimpressed and just wanted to know where their noms were!!

:lol::lol::lol:

I've had so many leads, cables, remotes, shoes, furniture and even clothes chomped that you kind of get used to it and a lot better at bunny proofing. But you just can never under-estimate a determined bunny :roll::lol:

They always seem to look cuter when they have done something wrong - it must be taught to them at Bunny Finishing School:lol:

George said it was Gemma and Gemma said it was George and then they both said it could have been Pippa (my intellectually challenged kitten who thinks she is a rabbit).

When I get paid I will buy a spare cable - as it's bound to happen again. This is the second one they have chewed but I had a spare last time so it was OK.

I've bought them a lovely big wicker ball to nom too - they have barely looked at it:(

I've given up buying toys for Spenser as he prefers trashing cardboard boxes in his hutch, and indoors there is always something far more interesting to wreck than a mere bunny toy. He is very fond of pulling leaves off the artificial plants in the conservatory at the moment.

They always seem to look cuter when they have done something wrong - it must be taught to them at Bunny Finishing School:lol:

George said it was Gemma and Gemma said it was George and then they both said it could have been Pippa (my intellectually challenged kitten who thinks she is a rabbit).

When I get paid I will buy a spare cable - as it's bound to happen again. This is the second one they have chewed but I had a spare last time so it was OK.

I've bought them a lovely big wicker ball to nom too - they have barely looked at it:(

Typical. I bought a wicker looking carrot thing, it sat there for weeks. I had to throw it away in the end.

I dare never look under the bed in the other room. I can see bits of mattress. :lol:

my OH almost got electrocuted once when our cable wasn't working. Computer wouldn't work, and he put his hand down the back to investigate,while not really looking what he was doing and OUCH!

When we phoned around to get a replacement, one lady said she had heard of bunnies chewing cables dozens of times. It was our first bun years ago so we weren't very clued up, and were really surprised at the the time that a bunny would chew a cable :oops:

Have just heard a crunching, scrabbling sound coming from the kitchen. Gemma is now eating the door frame:(

They have been in the kitchen for ages and I thought there was nothing there they could destroy. Don't know how to protect the door frame as it is too close to the wall for a panel to fit. I intend to move house either this year or next and really don't want my kitchen nommed away.

When I went in the kitchen Gemma ran to her crate - she knows she shouldn't be doing it!! She has boxes to chew - which she does - and I gave them a bunny seeded hard treat thing last night. She has a wicker ball and bunny sticks to eat. Why does she prefer the door frame? Grrrrrr!!!!

Am going to have a Serious Chat with her when I get in from work later. It is difficult to be serious when her cute little face is looking at me but I am going to try. Maybe I can negotiate extra yummy noms in return for leaving the door frame alone. I am growing some herbs so they may do the trick.

Wish me luck in my negotiations:)

I'm home this afternoon from work so George and Gemma are outside on the grass in the sunshine. They can chew all they want out there:) It makes it a lot easier for me to clean out their crate when they aren't 'helping'. I want to mop the floor too which is virtually impossible when they indoors.

George keeps licking his paw so I will have to have a good look later. I can't see anything obviously wrong with it and he is hopping and kicking OK - not limping at all.

They both dig when they are outside so I have to keep moving the run so they don't escape. They take it in turns - it is really funny to watch - and I feel a bit guilty moving the run after they have made a nice deep hole - then they have to start all over again.

Back