• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it worth keeping on with Recovery Food?

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Vet told me to keep him on it for 2 or 3 days until he was more back to normal, but he is seriously fighting it now. He really does NOT want it, but I don't want to ignore the vets advice :?

I'm still getting the fibreplex into him, but is it worth stressing him out to force feed extra? He is eating on his own, although I'm not sure exactly how much as he's with Milly. But he has been eating hay and pellets today.

I don't want to not do it and him get poorly again

Will he take it from a bowl? My boys always loved that stuff. If not, and he is eating, I'd just leave it. The stress of forcing it on him may do more harm than good now.

It's a great relief to hear he's nomming on his own again anyway! :D

If it was me, and only my opinion, I wouldn't force him to have it.

When Cutie-pie had her spay and stopped eating and went back to the vets for 2 nights, the vets said it depended on her eating, when she came home. She was fine at home so I didn't.

Babydarling also a nightmare and haven't since he has been home, he is eating.

YOu could phone an emergency vet to double check.

Salt had an 'episode' last night and had recovery food when he wasn't eating for himself, and up to about 5pm when all he would eat was grass :roll:
Now he's eating hay for himself, I won't be feeding him the recovery any more.
If he's happy and eating, I would stop with the syringing now.

Thanks.
I'll just keep offering him it i a syringe then and see if he will take any... now and then he will because he likes syringes :roll:

He wont take it out a bowl, he wont eat anything damp :roll:

Back