• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nipping

abi2047

Mama Doe
Does anyone know why Mishka keeps nipping me? I don't know whether she's playing or not. It doesn't hurt but it will be nice if I could sit on the floor without her nipping my toes or fingers. :lol:

from what I've seen sometimes it's a 'leave me alone nip' but I think they do a 'friendly' nip too,
my bun was in the garden earlier, I wasn't feeling well and sat near him, he randomly came and nudged and nipped me and binkyed, he never usually does that, think he knew something was up and wanted to cheer me up (I'd like to think so anyway)

Buckley used to nip when he wanted to be played with. Now he just starts playing and we have to work out what game he's playing.

A gentle nip can also just mean "I love you" apparently :) They just don't realise that bunny nips hurt.
If she meant to cause you harm she would've drawn blood. I've seen baby bunnies get annoyed... they're pretty nifty with their teefs :shock:

Buckley used to nip when he wanted to be played with. Now he just starts playing and we have to work out what game he's playing.

A gentle nip can also just mean "I love you" apparently :) They just don't realise that bunny nips hurt.
If she meant to cause you harm she would've drawn blood. I've seen baby bunnies get annoyed... they're pretty nifty with their teefs :shock:

I think she wants to play because she'll come up to me, hop onto my lap, put her front paws on my chest and then try and nip my hand or something, run off and then binky. I don't know how to play with her when she does this. :lol: :?

Beano nips me all the time, I've no idea why. Sometimes it can be a 'pay attention to me!' nip or a 'get out of my way!' nip or she'll just nip me as she walks past :?

I think she wants to play because she'll come up to me, hop onto my lap, put her front paws on my chest and then try and nip my hand or something, run off and then binky. I don't know how to play with her when she does this. :lol: :?

When Buckley does this he wants to be followed. We follow him with our hands. He'll sit for a split second until our hands are close to him and then he bounds off again binkying like mad :D

Obie does when I'm sitting on the floor - it's very much a "please move, thanks!" sort of nip :roll: :lol:

She wants to be followed I think!
When I left Mango and Maia on boarding last Christmas I met two baby buns from the same breeder, they kept licking me and the smaller one also gave me nips because he was too enthusiastic. :lol:

The best thing to do is ignore the behaviour, it can be hard though when they unexpectedly nip

If you think it's a 'friendly' nip make a high pitched squeal, the same a rabbit would do if in pain or scared

Pierre nips when he wants right of way :lol:
If i have my back against the wall he will dig my hip and then nip my side so he can get through, really he can just go in front of me. I also thought they do it to say hello. I get brutally nudged sometimes :lol: they can be quite forceful with their noses.

Back