• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some of the Inmates! (Hunky boys alert)

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
Well now I have your attention, you might as well look at these gorgeous boys :lol: Some of the inmates here at the gerbil rehome. All looking for homes :love:

First pair, Angus and Hamish :love:

random751.jpg

random569.jpg

Trio 1 - Shadow (Grey Agouti), Drama and Vince
random739.jpg

random079.jpg

random738.jpg

Trio 2 - Paquito (Agouti Spotted), Robbie and Rory
random755.jpg

random758.jpg

random757.jpg

Pair 2 - Scooby and Scrappy
random573.jpg

Oh gosh they are handsome, especially the gerbil on the first photo Angus I love his colour and markings :love::love::love:

He's lovely isn't he :love: A really nice gerbil too :) Just think Maysie - some of those cardboard tubes could have been yours :lol: Fame at last! :lol:

:love::love::love:

They are all gorgeous - I have a little soft spot for the very first one though. :love:

Are they similar to hamsters in terms of housing and needs? Just pondering all the unused hammie paprphanelia in the garage. Only pondering!

Hiya :wave: Not really unfortunately. They are best in tank type housing as they need a good 10 plus inches of substrate in it so they can dig their own tunnels. Glass ones are fine, or its easy enough to make plastic "tanks" out of large clear plastic storage tubs (although obviously they don't look as nice as the glass they are much easier to clean, dont break if dropped, cheaper and lighter!)

If you click on the link at the bottom of my siggy, it will take you to my website. There is a care section there that would give you a bit of an idea about them if you wanted to learn more (or visit www.egerbil.com)

Last edited:
Hiya :wave: Not really unfortunately. They are best in tank type housing as they need a good 10 plus inches of substrate in it so they can dig their own tunnels. Glass ones are fine, or its easy enough to make plastic "tanks" out of large clear plastic storage tubs (although obviously they don't look as nice as the glass they are much easier to clean, dont break if dropped, cheaper and lighter!)

If you click on the link at the bottom of my siggy, it will take you to my website. There is a care section there that would give you a bit of an idea about them if you wanted to learn more (or visit www.egerbil.com)

Thanks! I do have a mixture if tanks, cages and lots of tubes - yes our hamsters were spoiled! OH is grumbling at the thought of more animals unfortunately:(

Back