• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rhia Update

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
No wonder the poor girl hasn't been herself. She went in for investigation this morning & she's had a huge abscess that has burst & completely ruptured her ear drum. There is some serious infection down there :cry: The vet has sent off a swab for a C & S test, Not sure what this is for? I feel really upset actually, I just can't imagine the pain that she has been in - She has been so unbelievably brave. I can't wait for her to come home to her Mum :( XX

Sorry to hear this Becki my snake had a suspected infection in his lungs and they did a swab to establish what bacteria was there and what antibiotic was the best to use against it so maybe that's what's going to happen. £60 and there was no odd bacteria there.:lol:

No wonder the poor girl hasn't been herself. She went in for investigation this morning & she's had a huge abscess that has burst & completely ruptured her ear drum. There is some serious infection down there :cry: The vet has sent off a swab for a C & S test, Not sure what this is for? I feel really upset actually, I just can't imagine the pain that she has been in - She has been so unbelievably brave. I can't wait for her to come home to her Mum :( XX

C+S is cultures and sensitivity test, it gets sent to a lab where they grow (culture) the bacteria, to see what is causing the infection. The sensitivity bit is to see what antibiotics it may be resistant to, and which are the most suitable to treat it.

Lots of vibes for your girlie

xxxx

Oh no, I'm so sorry Becky :(

If you don't get any joy from the C&S (as Crunchie says, they sometimes aren't conclusive)...then I'd recommend an antibiotic called Zithromax (azithromycin) for ear infections.

Ohhh no poor princess rhia :( Hope she's going to be ok becki give her a nose rub from me xx

Back