• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Infacol?

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Had a quick look through the search function but can't see much.

Basically...

What is it?
Where do you get it?
How do you use it?

I want to keep something in incase Charlie goes into stasis again and read it can help

You can get it in tesco etc, it'll be in the baby items.

It essentially helps the gas form bigger bubbles in babies, and therefore burp easier

It comes with a syringe

Look in the baby aisle of a supermarket. I usually give 1ml initially (with the appropriate dose of metacam) and then another 1ml if I feel more is needed. Although I have to say that 1ml usually does the trick. I don't think you can overdose it.

Its used for babies who have colic and gripe. You can get it from any chemist/Boots or supermarket in the baby section or pharmacy bit.

I've used it in one of my buns before - Twinkle I think.

Look in the baby aisle of a supermarket. I usually give 1ml initially (with the appropriate dose of metacam) and then another 1ml if I feel more is needed. Although I have to say that 1ml usually does the trick. I don't think you can overdose it.

Thanks. Think I'll get some in so if Charlie gets a gassy tum again I can at least give him a drop before I go to the vets and see if it helps

I only give Pie about 0.5ml to begin with. If I catch her early thats all she needs, I leave it 20 mins and give her another 0.5ml.
I love the stuff, it tastes of sweet orange (but Pie hates it!)but it really sorts her tummy out when she has gas. :wave:

ETA: It's quite thick and the pipette is soft so I find it easier to put into a syringe first.

People swear by it for buns&it has saved a few vets trips too.1ml should be enough. It costs about £3. Not bad.

Thanks all :)
I always heard about it, didn't have a clue what it was :lol:
Anyway, I'll pick some up next time I'm in town :D

Back