• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My local asda...

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
Are now providing free cardboard boxes to take your shopping home in. They just have them in a big metal cage for people to help themselves to.

So now the bunnies are very pleased! A cardboard box with hay and treats for foraging in is their favourite treat!

Most supermarkets will just let you take them and use them anyway, but its excellent they are now saying you can just take them from a cage. Most supermarkets used to do this a long time ago.

:D

It's money saving i expect, as they have to pay to dispose of them i suppose?

Alot of supermarkets do do this but stupid health and safty law restrict where they can place them

my local morrisons do the bananna boxes which are pointless for shopping because you run the risk of all shopping falling out of the middle :lol:

but often they cant put them at the end of the till just in case somoen trips over one and sues

I do prefere boxes to bags

Most supermarkets will just let you take them and use them anyway

But you have to be there at the right time because they're not often out on the shop floor - many a time I've loitered around the freezer section waiting for somebody to come along and fill up. :lol::lol::lol:

Costco is usually a good place for boxes too. :thumb:

I had to put my shopping in one in Tesco the other week - I was just disguising that I wanted it for my cats to play in! :lol:

I remember Tesco used to do it years ago, they stored them under the conveyer belts in big heaps, but I guess, as you say, H&S stops this now.

I remember Tesco used to do it years ago, they stored them under the conveyer belts in big heaps, but I guess, as you say, H&S stops this now.

No, they're back in Eastbourne Tesco. That's where Igot my one for the cats! :lol:

Back