• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits in the winddddd

thenamesJT

Mama Doe
I let my pair out for an hour during the gale force winds. What a whale of a time they had!

Hundreds of leaves had blown into the garden so they had a feast fit for kings, they were binkying about & stretched out on the grass. Orla has been moulting really badly & I think she was enjoying the wind blowing through her hair! :lol:

Once it began raining, they hopped back in their hutch but I was amazed at how unfazed they were of the wind!

Rodge & Orla just love their free range time, I wasnt going to let them out but how could I say no when they were squishing their faces up against the mesh! :lol:

:lol: I shut the top shutters on The Boys aviary yesterday as it was so gusty, and i thought they might find it cold when sleeping upstairs....so they all came down and slept in their gardens in the wind instead:lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I shut the top shutters on The Boys aviary yesterday as it was so gusty, and i thought they might find it cold when sleeping upstairs....so they all came down and slept in their gardens in the wind instead

:lol: Ive stopped worrying about Rodge & Orla, nothing seems to scare them! My mum thought I was mad for letting them out but they chose to hop out the hutch & brave the elements! :lol:

Shouldve taken a pic of their floppy ears blowing about in the wind, gave a whole new meaning to 'helicopter ears' :lol:

Molly goes mental when its windy, she absolutely loves it!

She kept me awake the other night because I could hear her tearing round her run at 3am.

Aww, that would have been good with the ears in the wind piccies!!

Joejoe absolutely hates it :( he was hard and fast asleep this morning when i went out, I had to shout at him (thought he was dead tbh at first) and he woke up looked at me and went back to sleep, i was worried about him so got my OH to go home and check if he was okay or needed to go to the vets and he found him with his head in the hay bowl munching away :lol: Think he must have been awake all night with the noise then had a lie in this morning.

Joejoe absolutely hates it he was hard and fast asleep this morning when i went out, I had to shout at him (thought he was dead tbh at first) and he woke up looked at me and went back to sleep, i was worried about him so got my OH to go home and check if he was okay or needed to go to the vets and he found him with his head in the hay bowl munching away Think he must have been awake all night with the noise then had a lie in this morning.

Bless, rough night for him them! Bunny wind hangover! :lol:

I'll always give my buns thw choice whether they want to free range no matter what the weather, so far they arent so keen on coming out when its really sunny! :shock::lol:

Bless, rough night for him them! Bunny wind hangover! :lol:

I'll always give my buns thw choice whether they want to free range no matter what the weather, so far they arent so keen on coming out when its really sunny! :shock::lol:

:lol: yes, i've never seen him so sleepy and he's normally the first one up the ramp when its breakfast time too :lol: Rabbits are odd - Joejoes a black bun but adores sunbathing and must get boiling hot but he's a wuss in the rain and sits upstairs, but Jess sits out getting soaking wet and they both spent pretty much all their time in that awful snow and -15 temperatures earlier this year in the run :roll::lol: Like you say, they've got the choice so Ijust leave them to it.

Back