• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits having a tiff

gwaterhouse

Wise Old Thumper
So zoid and Mary had a little tiff this morning where they chase each others bums and to me it looked pretty aggressive...

As you may (or may not know) they've been together now 2 1/2 weeks.

Is this normalbehaviour? Once it was separated they were fine...

So zoid and Mary had a little tiff this morning where they chase each others bums and to me it looked pretty aggressive...

It is normal, but keep an eye and if necessary just reduce their space back down again as this invariably settles things down. Don't let it escalate or you it could risk the bond because one bun might get fearful of the other and then not want to be near. A bit of bum nudging and fur pulling can happen in early days but needs to be monitored.]

It is normal, but keep an eye and if necessary just reduce their space back down again as this invariably settles things down. Don't let it escalate or you it could risk the bond because one bun might get fearful of the other and then not want to be near. A bit of bum nudging and fur pulling can happen in early days but needs to be monitored.]

Thanks. They are back in their hutch. Will keep an eye on them when I let them out later.

Just when I think things are going good, something like this happens :-(

Their space is about 8ft by 4ft now, will monitor them later n see if it needs reducing.

Thanks

Also I tried to send you a PM to say a personal thankyou as you are always one of the first to reply when there are problems, but your inbox is full :)

Thanks for all the advice you give, it is very stressful bonding 2 rabbits, but people like you make it a lot easier!

Estelle and Frankie who have been together for about 6 weeks now, still have a little tiff. It doesn't last for long and very soon they are happily grooming each other again.:D:D

I am sure that Zoidberg and Mary are fine. Just keep an eye on them.......

Best of luck.

Also I tried to send you a PM to say a personal thankyou as you are always one of the first to reply when there are problems, but your inbox is full :)

Thanks for all the advice you give, it is very stressful bonding 2 rabbits, but people like you make it a lot easier!

Awh thanks Gareth. Yes I am useless because as soon as I make space it seems to fill up and I spend way too much time on here as it is.

If you ever need anything you can always e-mail - that is a little easier for me :)

Estelle and Frankie who have been together for about 6 weeks now, still have a little tiff. It doesn't last for long and very soon they are happily grooming each other again.:D:D

I am sure that Zoidberg and Mary are fine. Just keep an eye on them.......

Best of luck.

Thanks, it's nice to know it's not just me that it happens to!

:D

No, definitely not.

New bonds can be stressful. It sounds like you are doing a brilliant job with the new lovers.:love::love:

Awww thanks. :D

when the things are good it's lovely, but when things aren't good it gets you down a bit! just want them to be happy together! which i think they are 99% of the time,so that's something i guess!

Sorry i cant offer you any practicle advice as i am a novice when it comes to bonding, i know how stressfull it is, and its really upsetting when it kicks off!!
i take my hat off to people who do it on a regular basis.
hang in there, im sure it will all work out. Good luck. X

Sorry i cant offer you any practicle advice as i am a novice when it comes to bonding, i know how stressfull it is, and its really upsetting when it kicks off!!
i take my hat off to people who do it on a regular basis.
hang in there, im sure it will all work out. Good luck. X

Thanks for the good luck :D

Will keep everyone posted obviously!

So I got home this evening and they seemed fine, put them in their hutch and again they seemed fine.

Not sure what it was that started it this morning, I think it might be down to a tunnel that i put in there, it was Zoidbergs before, so maybe that caused it I dunno, I've left that out for now, and will probably leave it out for a long while yet! Maybe even get them a new tunnel for the two of them. I've tried to make their run interesting, i've even put down some old carpet, which Mary has quickly peed oved :lol:

I sat in there with them for a little bit, not sure really if i should, but Mary is a bit timid, and I want her to get used to me, she is getting better as she will now take food from me, altho as i kneel down Zoidberg quickly jumps on my back :lol: I have to be careful that he doesn't jump out the run and injure himself! :lol:

Back