• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What do you think of this recovery food?

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I was recommended this for chinchillas but I was wondering if you think it's safe for rabbits and if it looks like a good product.

http://chocolatechinchillas.com/id6.html

It's called lifeline.

Lifeline will Speed Healing, Ease Stomach & GI pain, and Increase Appetite while it helps to fight the problems that cause symptoms such as infection, diarrhea, indigestion, nausea, and poor appetite. Lifeline is a Nutrient Rich powder loaded with Digestive Enzymes, so it takes minimal effort to digest and is absorbed very quickly allowing the body more Strength & Energy to Heal. The large amount of Probiotic helps to undo the damage done by antibiotics, by Killing Damaging Bacteria that cause inflammation in the GI Tract. The Natural Herbs included Boost the Immune System, balance PH levels (Bringing the body out of Acidosis!), aid in digestion, increase appetite, and decrease the pain & discomfort caused by systemic infection by slightly anesthetizing mucous membranes in the GI tract.
Lifeline attacks the CAUSE of the symptoms - Not just the symptoms alone!
Alfalfa, Bee Pollen, Whole Wheat, Oat, & Rice, Peppermint, Oregano, 8 Billion Probiotic/6 Strains: *Lactobacillus acidophilus, *Bifidobacterium lactis (bifidum), *Bifidobacterium longum, *Lactobacillus paracaseil sub-sp., *Streptococcus thermophilus, *Lactobacillus bulgaricus 10 Sources of Digestive Enzymes: *Papaya Fruit Powder, *Pineapple Juice Powder, *Betaine (from Beets & Molasses), *Papain (from Papaya), *Protease, *Amylase, *Lipase, *Cellulase, *Lactase, *Bromelain (from Pineapple), VitaminC:*Ester-C Ascorbate, *Citrus Bioflavonoids, *Acerola, *Rutin, Rose Hips, Honey, Yucca Schidigera, Electrolyte
Lifeline will never spoil until it gets wet. It remains at full strength until the "Use by date" when the probiotic becomes a bit less vital - typically around 2 years - if refrigerated.

As a Maintenance/Preventative -----> 1/8 tsp. 2 - 3x per week
As a Treatment ------> 1/4 tsp. 1 - 2+ x Daily
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL Human Grade Quality Ingredients.
So Zero Sugar & Zero Preservatives!

*** There Are 12 tsp. in One Ounce of Lifeline***
(48 1/4tsp. or 96 1/8tsp. Servings)
----------------------------------------

Purchase Lifeline à "Supplies" page.

ADMINISTERING LIFELINE:
* Lifeline can be fed alone as a powder or sprinkled over food.
* Add water anywhere from a watery consistency to a thick paste.
* For digestive difficulties including appetite loss- Add honey.
* To treat rapid weight loss- Add Dyne
* To treat dehydration - Add Water.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* Bee Pollen * The Bee Pollen that I have searched for & found is, what I believe to be, the most Fresh & Fragrant Bee Pollen around - Again, no bulk, stale products. This is a super energy booster that is recognized by athletes for it's ability to sustain & enhance quality performance. Bee Pollen noticeably increases energy, enhances vitality, & rejuvenates the body from the inside out.

* C-Complex * The Vitamin C Complex that I use is a mix of powdered Ester-C Ascorbate, Citrus Bioflavonoids, Acerola, Rutin, Rose Hips - It doesn't get any better than that!

* Digestive Enzymes * Enzymes from Beets, Molasses, Pineapple, & Papaya Promote Superior Nutritional Absorption, making normal diet more nutritious. So less consumption is necessary to achieve Total Nutrition. This allows the body extra strength to heal. A compromised body will 1st show itself in the form of irritation of the stomach & intestinal tract - This is where Digestive Enzymes are very important. When the stomach cannot break down food, that food will sit there and start to rot. As that happens, putrefied waste is released into the bloodstream through the intestines. You will notice diarrhea, lethargy, and eventually outward symptoms such as leaky eyes, respiratory infection, fur chewing, drooling, &/or whitening of the teeth to name a few. A body in distress will have more strength to heal if less energy is required for digestion.

* Electrolyte * Antibiotics and a decrease in water consumption will cause dehydration. Electrolytes restore the necessary level of hydration required to keep things moving towards recovery.

* OREGANO * The best Oregano that I’ve found to be the freshest & most potent is McCormick Oregano - No stale, dry, bulk Oregano that sits around in bins & has lost nearly all nutritional value. The oregano that I use contains the most possible oregano oil which is known as “The cure for the common cold” as it is a strong antiviral. This is a wonderful booster for the immune system.

* PEPPERMINT * A soothing herb for the stomach & GI tract as it slightly anesthetizes mucus membranes. This alleviates pain & discomfort caused my systemic infection while promoting a healthy appetite and ease of digestion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* PROBIOTIC * A series of Healthy bacteria that kill destructive bacteria that attack the intestines. Typically seen is the overgrowth of Candida which can cause serious damage to the GI Tract. The 6 Strains of Probiotic in Lifeline will keep the digestive system strong enough to ward off bacteria & inflammation and is Essential to boost a compromised immune system. This power is as light as air which is why I use powdered oat & wheat as a binder to keep the product contained as a heavier vehicle from scoop to dish.

It is the greatest of mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little.

Dawnna's Chinchilla Lifeline

WHAT IT IS, AND WHAT IT DOES...

* Lifeline is in powder form, so it takes MINIMAL effort to digest and is absorbed very quickly allowing the body to put more energy into healing.

* The Digestive Enzymes help the body absorb more nutrients from any food consumed, allowing the body to benefit even more from total food intake.

* The Natural Herbs included help to balance PH levels & aid in digestion, while slightly anesthetizing mucous membranes and the GI tract. This helps to increase appetite and decrease the pain and discomfort caused by such systemic infection.

* Lifeline will speed healing, ease Stomach & GI pain, and increase appetite.

* Lifeline will promote Superior Nutritional Absorption, making normal diet more nutritious. So less consumption is necessary to achieve Total Nutrition. This helps the body have extra strength to heal.

* Lifeline alleviates the pain of inflammation in the digestive system While It helps to fight the problems that cause symptoms such as diarrhea, indigestion, nausea, and poor appetite.

* The Electrolytes help to restore the necessary level of hydration.

* The large amount of Probiotic helps to undo the damage done by antibiotics, and boosts the immune system by overtaking the damaging bacteria that cause inflammation in the GI Tract. This slows the progression of degenerative disease.

* The Alfalfa contained is a nutrient rich whole super food in a highly digestible form. Typically, ill chins are deprived of the Alfalfa they NEED because it can be too rich for an inflamed digestive system. In this form it's absorbed quickly and unable to cause such complications.

* There is Zero filler - This is 100% Nutrition that is highly palatable.

I suspect that it's too rich for bunnies. the probiotics aren't right for a bunny either. Perhaps try pming Marie?
Echinacea drops will lower the cortisol made when a bunny is stressed which will improve his immune response as well as speed up his gut.

I MUST try to send you that parcel tomorrow. (Sorry I've had a difficult week -not Thumper)

I suspect that it's too rich for bunnies. the probiotics aren't right for a bunny either. Perhaps try pming Marie?
Echinacea drops will lower the cortisol made when a bunny is stressed which will improve his immune response as well as speed up his gut.

I MUST try to send you that parcel tomorrow. (Sorry I've had a difficult week -not Thumper)

Don't worry about it. I'm grateful for you sending it, I'm not going to complain if it takes a while. :)

Back