PDA

View Full Version : Free to a good home

Snowy
23-05-2011, 11:05 PM
FREE TO GOOD HOME -
2 year old child. Genuine reason, I've just got a new rabbit so no longer have the time for the child. Also worried the child may bite the rabbit. Child currently kept in a carrier. Needs home by tomorrow or it'll be put to sleep. Thanks.

You wouldn't do this to a child so why do you see it as acceptable to do it to a rabbit? If you can't dedicate 10yrs to a rabbit, don't get one.

Sue13
23-05-2011, 11:08 PM
Well said :thumb:

yvette
23-05-2011, 11:10 PM
Bunny Awareness week......

Goes without saying,I reckon.

BinkyBun
23-05-2011, 11:36 PM
:lol: Finally, the right priorities!

helgalush
23-05-2011, 11:57 PM
:( Hope this is not a phone call you have had tonight Theo (other way round obviously!) :lol:

Snowy
24-05-2011, 12:03 AM
:( Hope this is not a phone call you have had tonight Theo (other way round obviously!) :lol:

Oh crikey no! I got it off of FB, thought it was so true that I had to put it here, I did get a phone call once from a woman who wanted 'rid' of her rabbit because she's just had a baby, I offered her the number for Barnados...she wasn't amused :shock:

yaretzi
24-05-2011, 12:19 AM
FREE TO GOOD HOME -
2 year old child. Genuine reason, I've just got a new rabbit so no longer have the time for the child. Also worried the child may bite the rabbit. Child currently kept in a carrier. Needs home by tomorrow or it'll be put to sleep. Thanks.

You wouldn't do this to a child so why do you see it as acceptable to do it to a rabbit? If you can't dedicate 10yrs to a rabbit, don't get one.

I've got a 3 foot hutch at the bottom of my garden, no vegetables but unlimited haribo, is that okay for your child?

funnybunnyabc
24-05-2011, 12:20 AM
:thumb:

Barn Yard Bunnies
24-05-2011, 12:22 AM
:cry::cry: A very sad comparison, but so well put.

loppy ears
24-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Sadly some people neglect and abuse children too

A pet is for life

hurricanhoney
24-05-2011, 07:05 AM
:roll: Theo I hope you are not getting too many unwanted phone calls.

bunnymadhouse
24-05-2011, 08:30 AM
good post ..point well made;)

PrincessPinky
24-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Its what i made yesterday and started posting everywhere :D

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=289154

Snowy
24-05-2011, 09:12 AM
:roll: Theo I hope you are not getting too many unwanted phone calls.

We always get phone calls like this as do every other rescue, comes with the territory I'm afraid, but no I saw this on FB and though it made the point

RubyTed
24-05-2011, 09:18 AM
That's a very emotive paragraph! :cry::cry: I'd no sooner give my buns up as I'd give my son up!! :( It saddens me that people do give their pets up so easily!

Beatrix Potter
24-05-2011, 09:24 AM
FREE TO GOOD HOME -

Fantastic :wave:

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
24-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Well said :)

Oh crikey no! I got it off of FB, thought it was so true that I had to put it here, I did get a phone call once from a woman who wanted 'rid' of her rabbit because she's just had a baby, I offered her the number for Barnados...she wasn't amused :shock:

In some situations people have to rehome pets for the sake of their children. If she didn't have time for the bun then she was doing the right thing contacting a rescue. But I don't like her "get rid" part.