• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Continuing Adventures of Midwife Bunny!

Wiserabbit

Young Bun
I know I might be going on, but I am continuing to be amazed by the behaviour of midwife bunny!

I've now hit my due date and the attentions of Midwife Bunny Juno continue! For the whole pregnancy she's been following me around being generally clingy and affectionate but now she's definately ramping up the attention! She spends her days lying at my feet and binkying round me.

A couple of weeks back, she tried to eat her way through the bathroom door when I shut it (I've been leaving it open in case of accidents) and spent more time in the bath than she thought I should.

Last Thursday, she came up and dug me out of bed when I was having a lazy day. It was around lunchtime. She hopped onto the bed, something she doesn't normally do, stole my book, which she did very gently and without damaging it or chewing it, chucked it on the floor and then generally pestered me until I got up and ate. On Saturday, she did the same thing to my husband and bless her, LED HIM TO THE KETTLE TO MAKE A CUPPA!

I wish I spoke Rabbit. I'm sure there is a totally rational explanation for all of this that has nothing to do with me being pregnant. Most likely she is just bonding with me more since I am spending more time at home after leaving work to be a Mum, but it's nice to pretend!

We are planning a home birth in water, and the only room bog enough for the pool is the one with their "rooms" in it. Our community midwives are luckily fine with this - they have been so supportive. Their comment was "Well baby will be living with them, and they'll probably keep you nice and relaxed." It is making me feel much calmer knowing I'll be under Juno's supervision during childbirth!

Last edited:
How gorgous!!
When babe is born, send home a blankie smelling of him/her.Dont want any jealousy!!!
She sounds divine!!! Caring and considerate.Luverly!!!!!!!!:love::love::love::love:

I've posted this loads on here before, so apologies if you've read it before :oops:

When I was pregnant my bridge bun Chester sat on the top of my bump. The thing is he wasn't a lap bunny, he would sit on the arm of the sofa next to me, but never on my lap, and after I had my baby he went back to sitting on the arm of the chair again.

It was weird! cute but weird!!!

That's exactly it, isn't it! You are half charmed and half slightly scared!

I think animals in general are so much smarter than most people give them credit for! Of course we bunny owners know the truth!

Yes definitely :D We know dolphins to be extremely clever, so it goes without reason other animals are the same. I just wish everyone could see that!!

I've had bunnies for years when I was younger, but when me and OH moved in together and got Chester (and I brought Bullet and Patch my buns from my parents house aswell) it was nice seeing him discover just how clever they are.

Back