• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FairyDell Farm

meme15

New Kit
Hi all, im new on here can anyone tell me if they have ever had a Rabbit from this farm/breeder in Kings langley Herts ?

oh god no don't go there, I got given Bracken from someone who had got her from there. Haveing been there afterwards just don't

There are much cheaper places for bunny supplies...

I would'nt buy a bunny from there - i dont like the contions they are kept in. :wave:

I don't recommend them, from what I've read they pretty much just farm their rabbits to sell, and there have been some pretty sickly animals come out of there.

You'd be better off heading to nearby rescue instead! Agatha's Annex in Harpenden and The Rabbit Residence in Royston are not far away!

My Pipkin is from there and he has dental problems. I wouldn't recommend. There are quite a few rescues nearby. Maybe you could look at those for a bunny?

I got Jacques from their, he was a brown Netherland. He had a LOT of problems with his teeth. The vet took out his front teeth in the end. :( He died at the vets having dental surgery. :( He was a lovely bunny and i miss him lots.

would I go there again? NO.

Its up to you meme15 if you want to get a rabbit from there or not people have given you advice from their experience with them

If you decide your not going to get a rabbit from there then you could try another breeder, pet shop or rescue :)

Unfortunatly i did go there and brought a rabbit for the first time. Maximus baby bunny age 9 weeks. We got him on 19th April and 21st May he died from snuffles. Have spoken to the farm and she is willing to give a replacment but we want money back.
My 7yr old daughter is heart broken to loose her Maximus. Her first pet.

Unfortunatly i did go there and brought a rabbit for the first time. Maximus baby bunny age 9 weeks. We got him on 19th April and 21st May he died from snuffles. Have spoken to the farm and she is willing to give a replacment but we want money back.

Im sorry for your loss,
Snuffles is a contagious disease I predict he wasn't the only bun with snuffles there.
If snuffles isn't treated its deadly, costly and harder to heal.
I advise you to think/decide again about buying another rabbit from them.

This is why i was checking if anyone had been there before and what their thoughts were get advice form other rabbit owners. After seeing the above posts i shall be calling back the breeder and demanding my money back as the vet did say that as we only had Maximus for 4 weeks its likely he was sick from before he came home with us. Thanks for everyone's help. We shall be getting a new bunny for my daughter but will research it better this time and find one from a rescue centre instead.

So sorry you and your daughter had to go through that :(

As others have said, snuffles is contagious and chances are the surrounding rabbits also had it.

If you go for another rabbit, I would go to a rescue like Rabbit Residence. Caroline vet checks all her rabbits before they go to new homes and will never rehome a sick rabbit, there are both baby and older buns available too.

We are in the Luton area so any recommendations will be a great help. We dont mind what type of Rabbit we have as long as its a male and healthy. We have the hutch pratically brand new and will be cleaned well to make sure no trace of snuffles can effect the new bunny. Thanks for your advice everyone.

I'm so sorry about Maximus :(
A friend of mine got a pair of rabbits from Fairydell and both died from snuffles within a few weeks, so it sounds like it's not an uncommon problem, as well as all the dental problems :roll:

Hi Loosy,

Was your friends rabbits brought this year ? When i told the owner she made out that she hadnt had any complaints about snuffles before and had been running farm for 55yrs. Clearly she was trying to pull the wool over my eyes. So glad i found this forum.

Hi Whitehead,
Thanks for these links. We shall check next week when we are off for half terms. So wish i had research better before getting my daugther her first pet. Such a shame to loose poor Maximus. :cry:

I have heard horrendous things about Fairydell Farm.
I would also highly recommend Agatha's Annex in Harpenden and The Rabbit Residence in Royston.
I am so sorry your first bunny passed away so soon :(

Hi Whitehead,
Thanks for these links. We shall check next week when we are off for half terms. So wish i had research better before getting my daugther her first pet. Such a shame to loose poor Maximus. :cry:

Your welcome
Sorry for your loss

whitehood*

:wave:

Hi Loosy,

Was your friends rabbits brought this year ? When i told the owner she made out that she hadnt had any complaints about snuffles before and had been running farm for 55yrs. Clearly she was trying to pull the wool over my eyes. So glad i found this forum.

No this would have been about 4/5 years ago, as it was someone I knew at school. They were just offered a different bunny, like you. They had spent quite a lot on vets fees but I'm not sure whether they managed to get any money back in the end :( I hope you have more luck.

Back