• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

warning warm weather=flystrike

bunlover

Warren Veteran
flystrike can and has struck early this year, i am a very lucky bunny owner my incontinent girl got fly strike last night (see dora update in photos) she thankfully survived as i caught it early but i hope that no other bunnies have to go through it its very distressing for both owner and bunnies, im a good owner and i always say about rear gaurding every year, i normally do but in june, this year june might be too late please please rear gaurd and check bunny bums frequently. especially those with special needs bunnies like me.

Yes absolutely, its vital to be vigilant especially if you have high risk buns. I am so glad Dora is ok. I am petrified of flystrike occuring and check my buns a couple of times a day as it can happen so quickly.

Last week I noticed Starbuck had some fluffy white stuff on his bum, little flecks as well, so headed straight to my vets. Thankfully they diagnosed it as just being mites, but nonetheless we have given Rearguard as well as ivermectin for the mites. If in doubt, go to the vets.

Back