• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats happened to Alan ?

emmaclaire

Warren Scout
Can anyone help me. I just went into Alan my little nethie he was in his cage and he death rolled about 4 times even rolling right over the one time then he walked to his toilet and rolled in there and stretched his legs as far as he could and pressed his back as near to the floor as possible almost like a little fit, this is so out of character he never does anything like this, he seemed really uncomfortable.He lives in the extention freerange with Maisey my large rabbit i am going to keep my eye on him tonite and maybe take him to the vets tomz what could have happened to make him act this way xxx

only time ive ever heard of rabbits rolling is because of E.C. so it could be an emergency and he may need to see the vets tonight :(

Alvin once rolled over onto his back during a bad stasis episode, again it was an emergency vets visit.

ive never had experience of rabbits having seizures though, if he seems ok now?? a vets trip tomorrow for a check up would be a good idea definately

EC stands for Encephalitozoon Cuniculi which is a parasite rabbits can catch. They need urgent vet treatment if they have it.

How is he in himself? Can he walk without rolling? Is he eating and pooping normally?

My bun sometimes rolls over when she has finished playing and wants to relax and lie down :)

Hi thanks for the reply whats E C and stats sorry to sound thick;):roll:xx

EC is a neurological condition caused by a paracite in the brain. Stasis is when the gut stops working.
Both conditions are potentially life threatening.
PERSONALLY I would be calling my vet for advice and probably taking him in. I really hope he is ok.

yes my other rabbit is doing it all the time but Alan never does it he is a bit subjuded but when he does move about hes ok he is pooing ok and weeing and eating ok but what he did wasnt right what are the signs of this ec xx

Hope Alan will be OK. I think I would take him to the vet tomorrow if possible, to be on the safe side.

Back