• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do hay for pets always send an email

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
to say it's been sent?

i ordered some friday night, and don't know if they send them out at weekend so don't know when it will get here, and i haven't had an email to say it's been sent yet.

getting worried as we have a tiny bit left. might have to send o/h to morrisons, only problem is the cost of the taxi. :roll:

eta: i meant sainsburys, not morrisons! no brain today! :roll:

Last edited:
Their courier doesn't collect at weekends :) I ordered mine on a Friday, got an email on the monday, and the hay arrived on the wednesday :D

I'd definitely get a bag of the cheap stuff to tide you over.
I ordered mine Thursday and haven't heard anything yet.

As much as I rate hayforpets and think their customer service is top notch I did have a bad experience with them (or rather their courier company) which meant I didn't get my hay until 18 days after I ordered :shock:

I'd definitely get a bag of the cheap stuff to tide you over.
I ordered mine Thursday and haven't heard anything yet.

As much as I rate hayforpets and think their customer service is top notch I did have a bad experience with them (or rather their courier company) which meant I didn't get my hay until 18 days after I ordered :shock:

:shock::shock: what happened?

i thought i had ordered in time but when i checked the bags, some were loads of bits so i had less than i thought.

i ordered DFH today because i know that will get here usually really quickly. so hopefully cheap hay for tonight and tomorrow and then the DFH will hopefully be here wednesday.

o/h is getting a taxi there and back, which is going to cost us money we haven't really got spare, plus the hay. so annoyed i didn't order in time before i was running out. i don't normally do that. :roll:

:shock::shock: what happened?

It was when we had those two bank holiday weekends and then several delivery guys said they had attempted to deliver it and had left a card - but we had no cards.
The guy who eventually delivered it told us the other guys hadn't been able to find us but couldn't say that to their boss :roll:

The thing is I think it was our fifth or sixth delivery from them! We're also above a shop (so have the same address) that gets deliveries from all the major delivery companies, so it's not like we're hard to find.
God knows what really happened, just glad I got some back up stuff! :lol:

wow, o/h is not happy. just had a go at me... why didn't I check how much hay was left... er.. why didn't you! :evil:

he's just ordered the taxi, moaned about the cost, slammed the door on the way out... :(

this is mr perfect who never makes mistakes or does anything wrong. :roll:

wow, o/h is not happy. just had a go at me... why didn't I check how much hay was left... er.. why didn't you! :evil:

he's just ordered the taxi, moaned about the cost, slammed the door on the way out... :(

this is mr perfect who never makes mistakes or does anything wrong. :roll:
:(
Hopefully he'll calm down a bit when he gets home.
What is it with men and shrugging off responsibility :roll:

:(
Hopefully he'll calm down a bit when he gets home.
What is it with men and shrugging off responsibility :roll:

if he shouted at me that would be fine! but he does the little snide comments and over and over if i don't respond! and i am trying so hard these days... usually i scream and shout and throw things at him, and he has pushed me so much today and i still haven't snapped! :shock: but i would love so much to throw something at him! :oops::lol: but i can't because he has gone there for me and if he didn't i wouldn't beable to.. but oh to smack that smug, petty comment speaking face!! :oops::lol:

he got five bags of the bob martin hay. it's not too bad for a cheap manky hay! they're eating it anyway so that's something.

and o/h gave me a hug when he got back and said 'don't worry, we all make mistakes, we can't all be as perfect as me!' :roll::evil::lol:

my hay was sent today hay for pets said so should be here hopefully before the end of the week. :)

hopefully the buns and piggies will just have to 'cope' with this cheaper hay for tomorrow and then DFH should be here wednesday, and i'd guess the hay for pets will be here friday.

note to self - order way before you think you need to! :roll:

typically, the DFH and the hay for pets turned up today! both on the same day! if i hadn't ordered the DFH just in case, then of course the hay for pets wouldn't have turned up either! :roll::lol:

Back