• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dora the update- flystrike now ok wanting love

bunlover

Warren Veteran
dora says im fed up been plucked and poked and am rather sore from maggots, am staying here on my cushion which is all warm and safe but i am not a happy bunny!!!
IMAG0360.jpg

well as you all know dora has fought back against snuffles and ec and muscle injuries in the past, she really is one of those buns who gets everything, she is still having siezures though only once every 2 weeks and has about 2 or 3 days per week which she gets incontinent and i have to bath her for. i bathed her last night and she wasnt herself but no obvious signs of why, then an hour and a half later i noticed her sitting around rather than grazing not like her at all i stroked her and picked her up was horrified to find maggots, there had ben no sign (that id seen) when bathed her earlier, rushed her to emergany vet and they saved her, had a check up today but she wants some get well vibes as she is feeling a bit down in the dumps she is on extra strength metacam and had vetanglesic(sp?) in addition to metacam last night,also had antibiotic cream is having candula cream, and regular baths as well as baytril. vet says the wounds are all superficial but sore and should heal quickly we are sooo lucky to have caught her in time, she is normally rear gaurded but due to all the problems she has had we were trying not to overload her system. poor thing, actually since taking that picture(just after returning from vet) she is eating and grooming arthur so is obviously feeling a little happier. x

Awww poor love. I am SO glad you caught it in time. Flystrike is my big fear at the moment with two incontinent buns :(

So glad she is ok, hope she recovers ok and is soon feeling less sore. Nose-rubs for your pretty girl x

Arthur: Fankyous all for your wishes well, im looking after my wife bun even if her bob tail and bum looks a bit strange right now cus she doesnt feels well i iz paying specials attention to her and giving her lots of love(not naughty love like normals) just nice cuddles and a licking of her sweet face. she is very happy to receiveez all your luvs but sayz she is resting now as feels worn out so will reply later with an update tommorrow with more pictures of her smiling becuz of ur luvs and wishes, if u likez x

Back