• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tufty - one of our sanctuary bunnies

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
For anyone who remembers the Elkesley bunnies, Tufty was part of that rescue.

The rest of the Elkesley bunnies were kindly taken in by Honeybunnies and rehomed, but unfortunately Tufty was found to have severe dental problems...his molar roots are elongated and could come through his jaw bone at any time. We don't know how long he has left, but he's a very happy chap for the time being.

Recent photos:

P1000522.jpg

P1000518.jpg

And an older photo, taken last autumn:

IMAG0190.jpg

He's a handsome fellow, and lucky to be in such good hands. Hope you can keep him comfortable for as long as possible.

He's beautiful, so sad about his health, he's very lucky to be in your care and he certainly looks an inquisitive happy lad.:)

Thanks guys :D

He is a rather good looking bunny, although his nick-name is Yorkshire Terrier because I think he looks a bit like one! :oops:

For anyone interested...the fawn coloured bunny bum in the second photo is Gremlin, another sanctuary bunny who came to us after being rescued by Kirkby Pet Welfare along with about 22 other buns. Most of the rabbits from that rescue were reasonably healthy, but Gremlin and her babies were not so lucky. Thankfully she is much better now, but has been left with permanent scarring in her respiratory tract.

Had to go back and have a second look, completely mssed her the first time. :oops::D Will she still be able to be adopted, or will she stay in the sanctuary?
Now that you mention it, he does has a resemblence to a yorkie. :lol:

Had to go back and have a second look, completely mssed her the first time. :oops::D Will she still be able to be adopted, or will she stay in the sanctuary?
Now that you mention it, he does has a resemblence to a yorkie. :lol:

We usually only take in rabbits in need of a permanent sanctuary place. We occasionally get one in who can be rehomed, but unfortunately Tufty and Gremlin both need ongoing treatment.

We have a lovely new arrival in, who looks like he might be able to go to a new home when his incisor teeth have been removed...so watch this space :)

We usually only take in rabbits in need of a permanent sanctuary place. We occasionally get one in who can be rehomed, but unfortunately Tufty and Gremlin both need ongoing treatment.

We have a lovely new arrival in, who looks like he might be able to go to a new home when his incisor teeth have been removed...so watch this space :)

Should maybe have looked at your website first before asking that, :oops: sorry. :)
I'll be watching. :)

Lovely photos of a very special bun:love:
He looks so well Amy and I was so grateful for you taking him in, a lucky boy xx

That's alright :). We don't currently have a website anyway. One of the things I keep meaning to do, but never getting around to it :oops:

Don't feel so bad now, :D, websites are so time consumming anyway, and if you're anything like me, when you look at the animal welfare ones, you just want to take them all home. :roll::)

Maybe some nice kind RUer would help you with that ;) Do you have logo yet?

Chul very kindly offered to help, but I haven't had time to put some text and photos together :oops:

The logo is in progress as we speak. It's not going to be anything fancy, just a basic logo

Back