• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Everyone loves Grim

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
My friend's sister has got two rabbits and he went over to see them. She was telling him how amazing they were and how one of them always licks her and how they act like little dogs. And he told me he just said "Grimlock does that. Grimlock comes when you call him too."

:lol:

And I've been volunteered as a source of rabbity information which of course I don't mind. :)

:love::love::love:

How is Grim ?

He wasn't brilliant this morning. I woke them up for breakfast before I left and he was all snotty and sneezy. I had to stay with him until he calmed down and was able to eat but then I had to go into uni. I was a bit late but I always worry about him when I'm not there. He's going to need his nose cleaned again, probably tonight which he won't be happy about either. :(

I just don't like the idea of him sneezing when I'm not there. Baytril doesn't seem to be doing loads. Might be helping his nose a little but his eyes are running more.

It's most likely pasteurella. At the moment it's just in one nostril and *fingers crossed* hasn't spread. The infection is likely to be in his tear duct or teeth (in the roots). It was being kept under control with depocillin but that seems to have stopped working. We're trying the Baytril in case it's in his mouth and just to see if it works. I need to sort him out some decongestants as I think that will really help but I want to see what the Baytril does first.

Have heard of pasturella, only since being on RU. What is it exactly ?

It's a bacteria that is very commonly carried by rabbits. If their immune system is bad it can grow very rapidly and caused snotty noses, runny eyes etc. It can spread to the lungs and also cause abscesses. It's possible Grim has had it for a while. It's highly infectious so both Grim and Smoo will have it now. Smoo is very healthy and has a great diet etc so it should hopefully never show in her! But as Grim is a poorly bunny it's obviously affecting him a lot. The problem is he's been on and off antibiotics for all sorts of things and I think the bacteria may have become tolerant to them. :(

This explains it much better than I can: http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/past.shtml

everyone loves grim cos he's ace:love::D

Thank you. :D
It really makes me happy that everyone appreciates him. He's just so brave and such a fighter and even after all he's been through (and still going through) he still has such an amazing personality and is so friendly and inquisitive and happy. :love:

Back