PDA

View Full Version : another trixie question....

lucy24
23-05-2011, 01:02 PM
hi everyone, i am getting a trixie run for my bunny and as he's quite small i want to fix some wire mesh around it to make it extra secure. However my brain isnt working and i cant for the life of me think what to use to attach it!:roll::oops: something thats obviously bunny safe but secure. any ideas?

yaretzi
23-05-2011, 02:00 PM
hi everyone, i am getting a trixie run for my bunny and as he's quite small i want to fix some wire mesh around it to make it extra secure. However my brain isnt working and i cant for the life of me think what to use to attach it!:roll::oops: something thats obviously bunny safe but secure. any ideas?

Cable ties :D?

Roseberry
23-05-2011, 02:04 PM
bits of bendy wire, but you could make sure the sharp ends are on the outside well away from bunny :)

lucy24
23-05-2011, 02:11 PM
ah yes cable ties- i knew there was something but i just couldnt remember the name lol thanks :D

shadow05
23-05-2011, 02:34 PM

cable ties also if ur rabbit is a rabbit that tend to like to chew i would use more than one just in case.

i use them for my rabbit pen and the first time i used them my rabbit chewed them all off and got out lol

yaretzi
23-05-2011, 02:39 PM
cable ties also if ur rabbit is a rabbit that tend to like to chew i would use more than one just in case.

i use them for my rabbit pen and the first time i used them my rabbit chewed them all off and got out lol

Yes they have a habit of doing that!

Most people recommend to do every joint with an 'x' of two ties, have the long bit facing outwards then trim it off :)

And then just check every so often to make sure they haven't been nommed ^^ Although you'd probably notice as it'd become a bit loose :)

lucy24
23-05-2011, 03:10 PM
thanks for all the advice- rabbits are so cheeky when it comes to nibbling! :lol: