• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bedding

dora

New Kit
I have a very fuzzy lion head rabbit and im finding it had to find a bedding that does not get stuck in her fur even hay get stuck.

I have tried eco bed that also gets stuck she is like valcro bless her and yes she is a indoor rabbit

Lots of people use carpet as a base layer for indoor rabbits or lino and add towels or vet bed or fleece for comfort. Of course you need to watch for chewing. Hay can then be fed from hay racks. For the litter tray/area perhaps shredded paper? or can you use that pelleted litter?

I have tried eco bed that also gets stuck she is like valcro bless her and yes she is a indoor rabbit

Then I recommend vetbed. The only downside is that rabbits love to pee on it, so it will need washing every other day. But it's nice and comfy, and obviously can't get in her fur or be trodden round the house.

Then I recommend vetbed. The only downside is that rabbits love to pee on it, so it will need washing every other day. But it's nice and comfy, and obviously can't get in her fur or be trodden round the house.

Tell me about it, I bought it for Blossoms spay and my GOD did they pee on it, at least 4 times in 2 hours! I wasn't a happy bunny ;) I had to sleep in the same room!

is it just for her litter tray? i was thinking of the wood pellet litter but as it gets wet, it goes kinda powdery so i suppose it would stick to her fur:?.

what about shredded paper and lots of newspaper? mine don't have bedding as such, just a litter tray which i line with loads of newspaper and hay. seems to soak up the wee so maybe shredded paper under layers would do the job and you can fix a hay rack above for her:)

Had another idea, don't know if it would work but... how about filling the litter tray with megazorb or whatever you prefer and top it with a few sheets of newspaper, fold to size and maybe tuck in so it covers the litter. I used to do this for the guinea pigs and then top off with hay but you could leave that out.

Back