• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed flooring??

MichG

Mama Doe
My shed has just been delivered :D:D:D

What is the best flooring? Was thinking some cheapish lino, but will they slip on this? I have one boy who is recovering from a broken leg and don't want him to slip around too much and damage himself further!

My shed has just been delivered :D:D:D

What is the best flooring? Was thinking some cheapish lino, but will they slip on this? I have one boy who is recovering from a broken leg and don't want him to slip around too much and damage himself further!

Lino is great for cleaning and keeps them cool in summer. They don't slip around much no, but with the broken leg id say that perhaps he may be off balance a bit and will slip. I think you should buy a couple of cheap fleeces (asda do big ones with a solid colour for like £2 each or B&M do cute patterned ones for about £2.50 aswell:wave:) he wouldnt slip then and you could weight it down with litter boxes, food bowls, bricks ext if they start to dig xxx

Lino is great for cleaning and keeps them cool in summer. They don't slip around much no, but with the broken leg id say that perhaps he may be off balance a bit and will slip. I think you should buy a couple of cheap fleeces (asda do big ones with a solid colour for like £2 each or B&M do cute patterned ones for about £2.50 aswell:wave:) he wouldnt slip then and you could weight it down with litter boxes, food bowls, bricks ext if they start to dig xxx

Thats a great idea!!
I am thinkg of getting slightly textures lino so it isn't complately smooth so hopefully this will help that too!!

I use rag-rug type rugs on top of lino...they tend to be quite heavy so they don't slide around too much, and you can just bung them in the washing machine if they get soiled

Hmmm, I don't have anything on my shed floor, never have done and it's never been a problem. On the shelves which are a little slippy, I have old carpet samples (which amazing have never been chewed, lol!)

I have non slip lino on my shed floor and they seem fine with it. It is slightly textured so they can grip. I know some people also put matting down.

Hmmm, I don't have anything on my shed floor, never have done and it's never been a problem. On the shelves which are a little slippy, I have old carpet samples (which amazing have never been chewed, lol!)

I have thought about leaving it bare, but it will be covered in wee stains in no time with my crew :roll: (there will (hopefully) be a group of 9 using it)

i used lino tiles and carpet samples on top, but b&m have some mats which are non slip bottoms like food mat types but made of carpety stuff which i got today for mine coz they hate the lino floor and they move the carpet samples easily and wont move from the litter tray haha:lol:

Use a single piece of vinyl/lino to avoid them tearing up the edges. Get the stuff meant for bathrooms, they won't slip on that at all.

Back