• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh flip

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Nutmeg has a sore hock, her nails are getting really long and I've been putting off doing them cos it's such an ordeal (for her as well as me) but I'm going to have to do them tomorrow. Someone remind me in case I put it off again :roll: I'm sorely tempted to take her to the vets and get them to do it but if I do it here at home then I can break it into chunks so she doesn't get so stressed.

I'm sorry to hear about her hocks :( Sorry to go off-topic a bit but how much roughly does it cost to get a rabbits nails cut at the vets? Molly and Archie are going to get their vaccinations in a few weeks and I haven't cut their nails yet and I'm a bit scared to do it so I might ask the vets to cut them.

I suppose I should've said the beginning of a sore hock, the furs just worn away a bit atm, but I don't want it to get worse. I'm hoping its just where the nails need cutting. If not I'll have to think about putting a duvet down. :(

Alicia, ive never had my rabbits nails done at the vets but I believe its around £10.

Good luck with the nail cutting. Alfie and Bubbles have been on foam flooring for a little while now and I'm noticing a difference in how fast their claws are growing (well, should I say 'not wearing down any more'); I'm going to have to get the nail scissors out too.

If it makes you feel any better, the nurse refused to cut Biccys nails last week :oops:

Our vet didnt have any space, so we went to see the nurse.

He got so stressed out, she said "you'll need to rebook to see <vets name> - i can't do this, he's too wild"

Poor Biccy. He's not wild, he's just nervous about life :(

His nails are very long right now. I tried myself, but made one bleed while he struggled, so i had to stop.

I'm sorry to hear about her hocks :( Sorry to go off-topic a bit but how much roughly does it cost to get a rabbits nails cut at the vets? Molly and Archie are going to get their vaccinations in a few weeks and I haven't cut their nails yet and I'm a bit scared to do it so I might ask the vets to cut them.

We charge £8.12 for a nail clip with the nurse :wave:

If it makes you feel any better, the nurse refused to cut Biccys nails last week :oops:

He got so stressed out, she said "you'll need to rebook to see <vets name> - i can't do this, he's too wild"

His nails are very long right now. I tried myself, but made one bleed while he struggled, so i had to stop.

See I just KNOW that would happen with us too :lol:

And yes i still havent done them yet. I will soon, I promise :oops:

Oh bless, poor Biccy! I would imagine most bunnies would react in a similar way, I know mine would and have!

Schuette - stop putting it off :no: which is not what I'm doing at all :oops: :lol:

Back