• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foam flooring for sore hocks

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
How long after a bunny moves onto foam flooring would you expect to start to see an improvement?

How long is a piece of string? :D:wave:

It will depend on bun's overall health, other contributing factors such as weight, posture, activity level, susceptibility to sore hocks, healing rate etc and any supportive treatments I suspect. I doubt there is any set time but I would say two weeks roughly? This is how long it took for Teshie's feet on cushioned flooring to begin to show signs of healing - although he was also on daily NSAID's so how much of it was flooring change and how much anti-inflammatory drug action will always be unknown.

I think it is more about the holistic approach with sore hocks - every little thing you can do to help will help overall. :)

Thank you. :)

Having never dealt with it before, I don't have any idea about it, but that all makes sense, thanks :)

Back