• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

advise me with eric's dental pls u/d p52 QUESTION

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
following on from our thread about his strop on saturday and a different vet (vet b) at the practise saying we should maybe bring his dental forward by a day - from tuesday to monday...

he's been a bit slow to get going today but he's bright as a button now and has eaten all of his food.

if we go tomorrow for the dental, it will be done by vet b. this vet has done it once before and it lasted 4 weeks rather than 3 months when out usual vet, vet a does it.

the quandry i'm having right now is that how much difference would one day make? i would rather vet a do his dental as she knows his teeth very well.

vet b is also great but has only ever seen eric a couple of odd times.

advise me please. what would you do in this situation?

Last edited:
thank you both:love:

i think i just needed to ask for reassurance that what i hope to do isn't majorly wrong.

i'll judge how he is in the morning at breakfast time. this morning he was too scared to venture out to eat but he seems much happier now:) just tucking into a fresh pile of hay:D

I agree with everyone else :) Did you ever try Binghams in W'ton? I hope you and little Eric are ok xx

I know nothing about dentals. But if Babydarling has been kept in for 3 extra days to make him feel better, and they have delayed it, I think waiting until Tuesday sounds the best option, especially if Eric is eating.

thanks guys:)

i'm soooooo hoping he comes running for his breakfast in the morning - and that our usual vet will still be available on tuesday.

becky, no, i haven't tried bingham's - do you mean walpole &...? i thought you had said connaught before? sorry - really tired!!

thank you for asking:love:

eric is......eric this morning!!! i'm waiting for the vet to open so that i can explain and change our appt back to tuesday.

i hope i'm doing the right thing but i think a day of eating normally and less stress will stand him in better stead for the ga tomorrow?

obviously if he seems to be in any discomfort, i'll have to think again.

I'm sorry Wendy, I've missed about Eric being poorly again :oops:

Really hope your little man is doing ok tonight - I will be thinking of him tomorrow when he's having his teefies sorted :love: xxx

we're already late because i can't catch him. i kept his routine exactly the same again this morning but he just knows.

how the hell does he do this??

this is the only negative of having a free range bun. especially one as crazy as eric. i feel like such a bloody failure. he's a netherland dwarf!!!

I hope you have caught him without injuring yourself. Hope it goes ok and lasts months rather than weeks.

Back