• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are my rabbits bonded?

nilly

Young Bun
Hello all,

i am a bit confused about my rabbits as I am not sure if they are fully bonded or not? Pumpkin and Perse were first bonded at the rescue then a day after we've brought them home Pumpkin didn't want her in his cage etc. so slowly we've got to a point now they share the same cage,food bowl,water etc and I have slept by them so many times to make sure they were no arguments at night and there aren't! But my question is they never groom each other also usually in the evenings they cirle each other and sometimes nip each other. They have now been together for 3,5 weeks but just wondering if this is the way their bond is or they are not bonded?
any info would be such a help thanks.

Mine dont groom each other alot-Dill will lick B's eyes but she has groomed him three times maybe in 2years!If they are not fighting,I would think it would be safe to say they are bonded but I'm sure someone with more experience will come along soon.:D

They may not quite be the best of friends yet but so long as they are not fighting or grunting/stamping at each other I would give them time, they may start to groom once they know each other better. I once had a bonded group of 5 and I would notice during spring they would have more spats, the weather seems to bring it out in them.

Back