• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Riley Almost Gave Me A Heart Attack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abi2047

Mama Doe
Sorry the picture is rubbish quality, it was taken on my phone. I brought Riley indoors so I could groom him and get him used to being handled etc. I went for a shower and my mum and brother were in the lounge with him. I came downstairs to find him breathing really fast, led on his side, eyes rolled back so you could see pink wierd stuff. It was horrible. :cry: He started moving around a bit more and became more alert, I opened the back door for him and he's gone outside now. I feel really bad because it stressed him out. :cry:

240848_1978741622735_1068968345_2312118_3110444_o-1.jpg

Last edited:
Oh gosh, poor Riley :( Is he ok now?

I hope so. He hasn't eaten since. :( Going to go and check on him and the piggies in the garden now.

ETA - he's in the bed compartment of his hutch, he hasn't eaten his veg and he's panting/breathing heavily and fast, again.

Last edited:
Oh my, I hope you and him are ok. Was he flopped like a happy flop? Was it really warm in your house or something compared to outside? xxx

If he hadn't eaten Abi I think he may need a vet visit. What you have described definately isn't right. A stressed out bunny is unlikely to lay on it's side, it sounds as though Riley could be poorly.

I'm so sorry - I just saw the picture and didn't realise Riley might be unwell. I'll delet my previous post. :oops:

Oh my, I hope you and him are ok. Was he flopped like a happy flop? Was it really warm in your house or something compared to outside? xxx

The heating wasn't on and the back door was open so there was a breeze coming through. He didn't look happy, I thought he was dead at first. :cry:

That is worrying :( Is there anything that could have scared him, or something he could've eaten whilst being in your house? xxx

I hope so. He hasn't eaten since. :( Going to go and check on him and the piggies in the garden now.

ETA - he's in the bed compartment of his hutch, he hasn't eaten his veg and he's panting/breathing heavily and fast, again.

That sounds very worrying Abi!! :( Can you get him to the vet....he sounds very ill!!

The heating wasn't on and the back door was open so there was a breeze coming through. He didn't look happy, I thought he was dead at first. :cry:

It's alright Abi, I hope you're ok and try to stay calm. I couldn't stop shaking and was trying not to cry when Gordon was ill with stasis but you need to think clearly, anything at all that could've harmed Riley?? :(

That is worrying :( Is there anything that could have scared him, or something he could've eaten whilst being in your house? xxx

He hasn't eaten anything, someone was watching him the whole time and there was nothing for him to eat as he was in his pen. :?

I think I might of stressed him out by bringing him indoors. :cry:

He hasn't eaten anything, someone was watching him the whole time and there was nothing for him to eat as he was in his pen. :?

I think I might of stressed him out by bringing him indoors. :cry:

It's not the sign of a stressed rabbit. It sounds like he's a very poorly rabbit! Have you talked to your mum about taking him to the vet?!

Buses aren't running, my auntie's asleep, mum's asleep. I don't know what to do. :cry:

I hope it will be he just got stressed by being indoors, how did he look when he was in his hutch? Hunched up or stretched out or anything? xxxxx

Buses aren't running, my auntie's asleep, mum's asleep. I don't know what to do. :cry:

Abi, calm down, call the emergency vet to speak to them, explain what has happened and see what they recommend. You may need to wake someone up to take you if he doesn't pick up soon x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back