• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A question of poo!

We all know that what comes out is a pretty good indication of a bunnies health, and I know that most people here love analysing bunny poo :lol::lol::lol:

Roxy is a really good hay eater and usually produces lovely big golden poops like these:
DSCF0845.jpg

But when I was changing her vetbed earlier I found some like this:
DSCF0847.jpg

and a few teeny ones like this:
DSCF0850.jpg

Theres obviously some changes going on in her gut. These have been produced over the last 4 days, nothing has changed in her diet, other than a handful of timothy hay with birch bark.

Just looking for an expert RU opinion on the odd shapes :):wave:

I belive the change in shape indicates a gut slow down. Not really sure what you should do. Prehaps a hay only diet for a few days until back to normal.

But dont start just on my advice, please wait for someone more knowledgeable :wave:

:wave: yup common sight in our house:(

slow down indeed tummy wise:(

a few days on fibreplex paste should help:wave:

if they get really teeny and hay and food not being as well nommed as usual...vet trip:(

:wave::wave: Thanks Georgeypudding and Purplebumble :)

Don't know what could have caused a gut slowdown, but I guess it's one of those things that will never be known. I've checked her littter tray again today and theres no odd shaped or little ones (I hope the neighbours weren't looking! :lol::lol:)

I've got fibreplex but will hold on for now and continue to feed her as normal, in herself she's as bright as ever, and eating and drinking normally, so it's all a bit :?

Back