• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Potatoe plants

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Are the leaves safe for bunnies to eat? I am trying to keep them out of reach as I would like them to actually grow but I know Strawbs will manage to sneak a nibble at some point!

Nope, not bunny safe. Try making a mesh cone if your bun is determined :)

Ok thanks! He had a nibble a few times last year but wasn't bothered by them but I know he will have another try this year so will make sure they are behind the fence where he cant get!

We grew spuds in bags at home for a few years. We tried very hard to fence all the veg off to the buns but Caramel ALWAYS managed to find a weakness in our defences.... or create one :lol: She also had some nibbles of the spud leaves will no ill effect, but I would really try and stop him. We didn't grow any more at home once we realised they weren't good for rabbits. Thankfully we have an allotment now :D

They are actually quite poisonous - as are the tubers if green.

I suspect they are worst at certain times - lots of plants for example are worse at flowering time.

Back