• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

desperate for help asap...

chelle

Warren Veteran
apolagies as this is a link to the thread which was in general chat...and I htink now has become a Bonding/ behaviour problem...please read last update and advise asap if possible...would be very grateful as OH is looking after buns & Im in aus and need to help ...they fighting and now OH willl seperate....:(

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=288196

thanks all...

Wish I could suggest something. :( The girls were so loving in the video you posted of them (on their birthday I think). I really hope they can get back to this.

Wish I could suggest something. :( The girls were so loving in the video you posted of them (on their birthday I think). I really hope they can get back to this.

thankyou hun....I know its upsetting...so hard as IM not there to supervise etc & OH has to work...just need to make sure if we seperate that we do it right & alternate them correctly in the right area's etc.

This is where Im not sure what action to take...would help if maybe he could talk to someone and be re-assured hee could keep a semi-bond at least till I get back.

OH is battling to do this with work etc & cant be there 24/7....so horrible that they hurt too.

How's things with the girls now?

:(:(:( Just had an email from OH and he has seperated all 3 buns...Indiana is the worst off with cuts and She was seperated form the other 2 for 24 hours but could see them and kept going to visit them. OH has now put Archie in the bottomw of the joined 2 hutches and the girls seperate in each top half. He is angry, upset & feels devastated that he has worked so hard by making them a home with access to indoors and was sure they would be happy.
The seemed fine for the first 2 weeks I was away and then strated fighting.

It doesnt sound like it has stoppped either. OH is exhausted witht he feeding, cleaning & rotating of them & is not being able to do his work so is feeling stressed out too.

He is so upset they are hurting and doesnt know what to do. He adores them but doesnt know how to enable them to be friends again.....the girls have been locking on and fighting.

Im back 11 june...but if anyone has any advice on if he should try & rotate their area's still?
Let Archie spend time with the girls seperatly?

OR could Phil call anyone who could chat & advise?

Thanks all....OH is at his wits and and devastaed with whats happened....any help is most welcome...:(

Have you tried calling the Rabbit Welfare Association? Sorry if this is stating the obvious. :oops: It must feel a long time until 11th June. :(

Have you tried calling the Rabbit Welfare Association? Sorry if this is stating the obvious. :oops: It must feel a long time until 11th June. :(

Hi! No I havent actually...thanks for the suggesiton.;)..as IM so far away its difficult...so Im trying to be much help as I can....
Ive had a look at the RWA....and will suggest he can do this...difficult as he is working and am not sure if he will be unsure about calling them...:?

Also - he thinks they may have mites! I dont know how they get this...but he says they are scratching their ears & shaking their heads....he went to find mite stuff for thier ears & looked in "The Range" but only found mite treatment for cats etc....will have a read up about it but if anyone knows the obvious meds for mite treatment & what kind and where to buy it etc please do say...will have a read in health section anyway... :)

Oh goodness, mites on top of everything! :( My friend's rabbit had mites last winter, but not on his ears, it was more a bit of his back that troubled him. I think he had something called zino, but not very sure that I'm remembering that correctly. They cleared up fine.

Oh goodness, mites on top of everything! :( My friend's rabbit had mites last winter, but not on his ears, it was more a bit of his back that troubled him. I think he had something called zino, but not very sure that I'm remembering that correctly. They cleared up fine.

thanks hun! lol! well - we not sure and OH is trying to get treatment in case to make sure they comfy...scratching ears & shaking heads I think? Ive not seen them so will wait for reply from OH !:?

Back