• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ear spots

Shinysun

Young Bun
Hi all, I've done some reading on tinterwebs and I don't think it's ear mites after what I read, but would like someone to take a quick peak at a couple pics for me?

Honey has had perfect ears since we got her (2 months now, time flies!) last week she developed one tiny little spot which I assumed was a scratch, but this week a few more have all popped up! Holly LOVES to lick Honey's ears out, so I wonder if it's over zealous cleaning, or if something else is having a nibble on my bun's radar dishes and it needs to be dealt with?!

Thanks in advance! I can prob get better pics with the aid of pellets if necessary :)

Susan

ear1.jpg

ear2.jpg

ear3.jpg

no idea really- maybe scratches if claws are long?

hope someone with more experience can help you.
sue:wave:

Yeah I was wondering, just not sure! Doesn't seem to have gotten worse in last couple days but not gotten better either, can't put anything on it though as Holly will lick it out in seconds :lol:

Firstly your ladies are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I so need to get my lonely lady re-bonded!!!!
Do your girls have access to a patio surface to wear their claws down? Are they moulting?
Baring in mind I am not the most experienced bun owner on here (by a long shot) I don't think they look like anything to worry about but I'ld probably let you vet have a look and they can clip claws and look at choppers while your girls are there.
Again, they are very very lovely!!!!!

Back