• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pineapple Juice

suzibunbun

Mama Doe
I bought half a pineapple and as there was some left over I have made some in to a pulp/juice with a liquidiser - I have heard it's good for buns - how should I give it to them??

I draw it into a syring and they are more than happy to take it (and the syringe :lol: )

Just make sure you don't give them too much as it is high in sugar.

Any fruit sugar in the diet is additional sugar for the bacteria in the caecum - good and bad. Increased sugar will only encourage certain bacteria to flourish and predispose to dysbiosis. Even with good clinical reasons to want to give papain and bromelain enzymes there is still good reason not to give additional sugars to a bunny. :)

Any fruit sugar in the diet is additional sugar for the bacteria in the caecum - good and bad. Increased sugar will only encourage certain bacteria to flourish and predispose to dysbiosis. Even with good clinical reasons to want to give papain and bromelain enzymes there is still good reason not to give additional sugars to a bunny. :)

I agree :)

So do you mean it shouldn't be given really? Is it good for moulting bunnies who are producing strings of pearls? I won't give it if it's best not too, it's just that I have some 'spare,' and thought it might benefit them

You'll find there are very mixed opinions on this. I tried offering Spenser fresh pineapple once, but he wasn't at all impressed.

Back