• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Me cuddling a Skunk!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattyp

Warren Veteran
247476_10150635002005457_620830456_18800650_6831784_n.jpg

247195_10150635000695457_620830456_18800641_5173138_n.jpg

He was so lovely :love: He kept making little whining noises like a puppy and was grabbing onto my t-shirt with his big digger claws!

I am massively in love with Skunks now, they're stupidly cute!:D

(I look like a massive goon in that picture so please don't judge me too harshly and focus on the skunk! :lol:)

AWWW :love: I love skunks. How did you find one to cuddle?! I always wanted to play with the babies at a pet shop near me but they closed awhile back :(

AWWW :love: I love skunks. How did you find one to cuddle?! I always wanted to play with the babies at a pet shop near me but they closed awhile back :(

I went to a Small Animal day at my local rescue and a lady who ran a ferret rescue had a pet skunk!

Awwww that skunk looks super happy! You're obviously like a skunk whisperer or something.
You should get a skunk **peer pressure**
x

My best friend has two skunks, and they're so adorable :) Shes completely in love with them both :) Im very jelous of her lol

His fur was really oily and thick and his undercoat was really fluffly.

He did definitely have a 'smell' but it wasn't any more unbareable than the smell of a wet dog/cat. He had his scent gland removed though so he couldn't spray, the lady said the previous owner and somehow managed to get it done. He wasn't old enough for it to have been legal either so there are clearly some dodgy vets out there!

Does make me weary that if I did get one he'd have his scent gland intact, but apparently they're rather mellow and only spray when attacked.

He was on a lead at one point and was trotting along just like an excited puppy :love:

Don't agree with skunks as pets and it's rather upsetting about the removal of his scent gland, I thought that was very much part of their natural behaviour/routine - never mind as long as the human is happy & getting lots of attention using her pet as a cuddly toy why worry about meeting the welfare needs of the animal hey :roll:

Don't agree with skunks as pets and it's rather upsetting about the removal of his scent gland, I thought that was very much part of their natural behaviour/routine - never mind as long as the human is happy & getting lots of attention using her pet as a cuddly toy why worry about meeting the welfare needs of the animal hey :roll:

I think it's illegal to get them removed. :) but... some people manage to get it done. :?

I never knew anyone who kept a skunk for a pet! What kind of personalities do they have?
I too am perplexed by de-scenting, there are many pets out there who don't need anything of the kind to stay with humans. Hmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back