• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Rabbit is for LIFE

I think a rabbit is for life not just when its small cute and fluffy. Once you buy it, its your responsibly for its whole life not just when its small cute and fluffy.
Please reply and tell me your views.
Thanks For Reading,
Hannah12350

Welcome to RU!

That's a perfect philosophy! I think almost everyone here will agree with you, whole heartedly!! :D

I think a rabbit is for life not just when its small cute and fluffy. Once you buy it, its your responsibly for its whole life not just when its small cute and fluffy.
Please reply and tell me your views.
Thanks For Reading,
Hannah12350

completely agree with this..... but why are you wanting to breed???? :shock:

Yes. That's why we all rescue our (neutered) rabbits, nurse them through thick and thin, and sob like babies when they pass to the bridge.

I agree.

Maybe you could save another rabbits life by having your own bun neutered and getting him a speyed wife from a rescue :wave:

I agree with you absolutely & completely hannah12350.

It is my unshakeable belief that when we have a "pet" animal whatever the species, we are accepting a new member to our family. Our duty towards our pets is similar to those towards a new human baby. The real reason why so many rabbits & other animals end up in rescues is irresponsible ownership.

Hannah12350 - please forgive me for a very direct inflammatory question, but it is necessary to show something important.

Have you ever refused to sell a rabbit to a customer because you felt that they would not provide for its long term needs, eg. they were buying a toy for a child, or had inadequate housing etc?

I think everyone will wholeheartedly agree with you on that one.
I do think though, there are circumstances where pets do just have to be given up and it's unavoidable really.

My boyfriend and I may be breaking up, but he's said that he will still pay for half of everything for the rabbits for the rest of their lives because they were taken on as a joint responsibility and will always be a joint responsibility. I was so proud of him when he said that.

Or as many believe, a rabbit is for life, or until the kids get bored and want a new pet :roll:

I think everyone will wholeheartedly agree with you on that one.
I do think though, there are circumstances where pets do just have to be given up and it's unavoidable really.

My boyfriend and I may be breaking up, but he's said that he will still pay for half of everything for the rabbits for the rest of their lives because they were taken on as a joint responsibility and will always be a joint responsibility. I was so proud of him when he said that.

Good post BattleKat,
1st. I'm sorry about the possible breakdown of your relationship.

You say something so fundamental to these times. Life cannot be governed by rules/regulations set in stone, because no rule can be made to fit every possible situation. There are indeed unforseeable circumstances when it becomes impossible for an owner to care for their animal adequately. The animal's best interests must come 1st. which may entail rehoming.

I am so uplifted by your bf's response to the rabbits. THAT'S what I'd love to hear more of - joint family responsibility.:D:D

Back