• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I wish I could give Archie and Molly more

Alicia

Mama Doe
I feel rubbish :( I did over a year's research about rabbits before I got Archie and Molly and now I've got them I still don't feel like I know enough. When I got their hutch and run it was the recommended size, and now the recommended size has changed and I feel like my rabbits are living in a tiny hutch. I really want to move them into my old shed, but I know Mum will say no, especially as the hutch is only a few months old. I don't feel like I've bonded with the rabbits much, I just feel like they deserve better :( I'm not looking for sympathy or anything like that, I just wanted to complain a bit :(

I'm sure that's not true :( Has the size recommendation changed?? :shock: From what I can tell you are a great bunny owner and Archie and Molly are very lucky to have you, also if Archie and Molly weren't recieving the best care, the rescue wouldn't have rehomed to you, which they did because of the care you give them :) xx

Alicia, you have done fantastically well from the extended research you did, right up to what you are doing now. You are a fabulous owner and you should be so proud of yourself. There are adults that don't and never will take the responsibility as seriously as you have.
You give them love, space, food, warmth, freedom with free ranging with supervision, you have started clicker training them.

You are a fabulous mum to them and they couldn't and wouldn't ever want to wish for more.

The very fact that you want more for your bunnies, and want them to be as happy as possible, means that you are already the best type of owner they could ask for.

They have a fab setup. Setups can ALWAYS be bigger/better! Doesn't mean it's feasible, or that they are suffering where they are. Seems like they have a fab life with you, and even though they might not love you as much as single buns do, they still love you. I know with mine sometimes I get a bit sad that I don't get no bunnycuddles or bunnylicks, but they have each other and that's a compromise I'm happy with :)

You could always think about adding another run onto the run part for some extra playtime room :)?

I got this a few months into owning I&J. I think it is quite normal. I got really down about it, but it did go away, and I'm sure it will for you as well Alicia.

You have a great setup for them, and they are such well cared for and loved bunnies. But I do understand the feeling of always wanting more for them.

Thank you :) My Mum said they can live in the shed in the winter but I won't be able to attach the run to the shed so I don't know if that's any better for them than staying in the hutch. The shed is 8ft x 6ft

Thank you :) My Mum said they can live in the shed in the winter but I won't be able to attach the run to the shed so I don't know if that's any better for them than staying in the hutch. The shed is 8ft x 6ft

I'm not sure what size your current hutch and run set up is but I have an 8ft X 6ft and the buns have plenty of room and I can easily move about inside it too :D

My rabbits hutch is 6ft x 2ft x 2ft and their run is 6ft x 4ft x 2ft. Sorry I was being so complainy last night :) There's not much I can do about my rabbits housing, but I've decided to change them onto a different, better food, and my Dad said he'd make me some jumps for Molly (she's really good at rabbit jumping) I'm also going to get them insured :D

My rabbits hutch is 6ft x 2ft x 2ft and their run is 6ft x 4ft x 2ft. Sorry I was being so complainy last night :) There's not much I can do about my rabbits housing, but I've decided to change them onto a different, better food, and my Dad said he'd make me some jumps for Molly (she's really good at rabbit jumping) I'm also going to get them insured :D

aww that's great :) I look forward to seeing the jumps. :)

I recommend getting insurance for their teeth, Mischief has cost me a fortune! :roll:

Back