• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good luck with your move and plans to find a friend with Pierre. Will the RSPCA be helping with the bonding - I know some rescues do this? I'm sure they will at least be able to advise you regarding choosing a doe likely to bond well in the set-up you have.

I worry but thats why I have an overdraft. I vow not to get a credit card until I have my own home AND despiratly need it. Generally if you keep quality hay to avoid dust in eyes and teeth problems then you also avoid most sicknesses. Just make sure you save up a month or 2 in advance for vaccinations etc and have a "spare change" pot to put your pennies in at the end of each day so you can save up for any unexpected vet bills.

Thanks susie bun, I'm so stressed at the moment :lol: but so excited I just want to be out and buying silly things like door mats :lol:

I'm not sure, the lady who emailed me back was really helpful and instructed that I give her a call. So I will discuss it then with her and see what is best for the rabbits. This would be my first bond, but I have space available to take one step at a time I just don't want to do anything wrong. Pierre has been on his own for 2.5 years so last thing I want to do is make him uncomfortable in his new home. Saying that he settled in fine at my parents even making a home in their bed :lol:

Hi LaureyStevens, thanks for your reply. I do to but I still worry. Something which I will be starting is putting £20.00 a month into a seperate account to begin with which will be the rabbit fund, that way I can truly keep an eye on how much I'm spending on rabbits and have a "just in case" fund.

My only worry is teeth problems, I've heard they can be expensive. Pierre has never shown any signs of teeth troubles, he eats everything in sight and noms down his hay. I wasn't sure whether to have a dental to ensure everything is ok or to just wait until something crops up.

Sounds like you have thought everything out well. :) Hopefully the bond will work out well, but having the buns indoors shoudl make it easier to take longer if necessary than if you were wanting them to settle in a hutch or shed outdoors.

Back