• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how many of you keep singles / bonded buns

how many bunnies do you have

• i have a single / singles

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • i have a single but he / she will be bonded

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • i only keep bonded pairs / bonded groups

Votes: 55 64.7%
  • other

Votes: 10 11.8%

• Total voters

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
just a question about singles and bonded pairs.

was curious to see how many there are on the forum :)

(ps, the poll question doesn't include the special cases of bunnies who can't / won't be bonded. will include an other option, but there would be about 50 poll options if i tried to include every circumstance in there :lol: it's multiple choice as well)

I have three singles, two pairs and three trios.

I don't know what option to select. :lol: Oh, I chose 'other'.

I'd like all my singles to be bonded but I can't afford anymore bunnies and they don't want to bond with any bunny here (and I suspect two of them will bond very, very reluctantly given what I've seen previously). They all have access to bunies next door to them, and are inside (the singles, that is).

I'd prefer all my bunnies bonded.

After seeing my pair together I would never keep single buns, in some circumstances it could work but for outdoor bunnies I would not like to think of them sitting out all alone

I have three singles, two pairs and three trios.

I don't know what option to select. :lol: Oh, I chose 'other'.

I'd like all my singles to be bonded but I can't afford anymore bunnies and they don't want to bond with any bunny here (and I suspect two of them will bond very, very reluctantly given what I've seen previously). They all have access to bunies next door to them, and are inside (the singles, that is).

I'd prefer all my bunnies bonded.

sorry about that :lol: i tried to make the options suit, but as i was trying to figure out what options to put, i realised that i really couldn't make one for every scenario, so i copped out and included other :D

After seeing my pair together I would never keep single buns, in some circumstances it could work but for outdoor bunnies I would not like to think of them sitting out all alone

This, I thought Oscar was happy by himself, but he is a different rabbit with Jessie around, so much happier and a lot more relaxed around us too :love:

I have all groups or pairs except one, who is currently single...not for any reason apart from I haven't got around to bonding him up.

I only have Truffle at the moment, but he's going on a date on Monday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a bond :love:

Just Kitten at the moment but when she is recovered after a spay i will be looking for a suitor for her (although we do have our eye on someone already if the timing works out! Although i am nervous about the idea of bonding x

I kept Pie as a single for almost 2 years. Then got Oberon in Feb.
I voted 'other' because they are meant to be bonded but Pie is being very difficult and defensive. She just keeps biting Obie :cry: So they are 2 single but currently going through an very long bonding period.

I just have Buckley at the moment. Once he is neutered I'll start kneading the OH's soft spots, try and soften him up towards getting Buckley a wifey :)
I think Buckley's neuter will happen later than we anticipated though. He's almost 4 months and there's no furry teabags, no hormonal behaviour, and he can't seem to shake his runny nose for more than a week at the moment. (He's on a fortnight course of 2mg septrin, hopefully this should nip it in the bud)

Gertie is a single bunny. We got her as a partner for Robert, but sadly we lost him last year. We toyed with getting her a new friend, but have decided not to at present. She's very people orientated, loves the cats (and my mum's dog when she visits!) and lives indoors at night so she's not stuck outside in a hutch alone.

Spenser is a single bun for various reasons. He seems quite content, but I appreciate it's not generally ideal.

At the moment, most of my 35 rabbits are single, un-neutered buns. They will all be neutered and bonded with one or two others. I like to rehome them as bonded vaccinated pairs / groups.

My Barney recently got a friend, and I am glad I got him Annabella. Even though they aren't all loved up he is happier with her, and when I separate him to give them their pellets separately they ALWAYS go looking for each other after. They both get a bit anxious when not able to get to each other.

He is so people-orientated (more dog than rabbit!) that I didnt think it would make much difference to his happiness, but he is less bored, less naughty, eats more hay and generally just seems more content. And he is still just as obsessed with me! Our relationship didnt suffer at all.

I am not satisfied however, as they arent in bunny love as such, they dont groom each other, so I will probably get a third eventually, or maybe even have a quad. I just really want him to have a bunny that he can snuggle up to and will keep his eyes clean for him. But for now they both seem happy with each others company and will flop side-by-side :love:

Back